Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

2013 Cannes Film Festival: 'The Immigrant' Premiere

Marion Cotillard will present her second film of the 2013 Cannes Film Festival 'The Immigrant' on May 23rd adding a little glamour to the end of the festival. For this premiere much like the one for 'Blood Ties' I have dug into the Christian Dior archives to find a gown for Marion to wear. While I do love what Raf Simons has done for Dior the collections are limited as they are hot tickets so I do believe that Marion will wear a custom creation by creative director Mr Simons I am going to put out some wishful thinking. This teal and yellow Christian Dior Fall 2005 Couture gown designed by John Galliano is one of my favorite gowns from this house of all time and I am surprised I have never seen this gem turn up on the red carpet. Of course I would have the gown lined but in gold not nude or yellow. A 1920's finger wave inspired hairstyle, a teal clutch, and some gold sandals are what is needed to add the finishing touches to this amazing gown.
For jury member Nicole Kidman I also looked back the Fall 2005 Couture collection archives. I am expecting amazing things out of Nicole during the course of the festival and I think that this midnight blue Elie Saab Fall 2005 Couture gown is a perfect choice. Now I am sure that since the announcement that she was going to be a jury member designers have been throwing current runway and custom gowns at the stunning Australian beauty. Despite this I think that Nicole would look absolutely in this amazing beaded gown. Add to this amazing gown a blue clutch, and some amazing Jimmy Choo sandals as Nicole was announced yesterday as the new face of the brand, and some amazing sapphire and diamond jewelry by event sponsor Chopard and Nicole will hit another red carpet home run.
Another wish for Mistress of Ceremonies Audrey Tautou to wear while attending the premieres during the 2013 Cannes Film Festival. Face of Chanel No. 5 and a woman who has played the famed designer herself. Another archive pick for the red carpet this amazing gold and blue Chanel Fall 2009 Couture peplum gown would be the perfect option for Audrey to wear during the festival. I am hoping that she fairs better than she did at her photocall yesterday wearing a lackluster Red Valentino sundress. Finish this Chanel gown with a pair of black pumps and she will be absolutely wow me on the red carpet.

Photo Credit: Style.com/Zimbio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment