Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2014 Toronto International Film Festival Wish List Part 1

 "The Judge" will be the first major Gala during the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival. Quickly moving up the glamour scale (which goes from Tribeca to Cannes) TIFF is becoming a celebrity hot spot. I am not even going to be able to cover all of the stars that will be taking to the red carpets in Toronto during this festival, but I will do my best to cover a lot of them. Leighton Meester stars alongside Robert Downey Jr. and Billy Bob Thornton in "The Judge" and I am really hoping that the actress, who has had a killer red carpet year, will walk the red carpet for the films TIFF Premiere. If she does so I would love to see Leighton wear this black to purple Elie Saab Fall 2014 RTW floating chiffon gown which features a sporty racer neck, a sexy thigh split, and an open back. I would keep this look sleekly styled with a black Rauwolf gem clutch, a pair of black Stuart Weitzman 'Nudist' sandals, and a pair of simple diamond earrings so that this looks just exudes contemporary sexy elegance. A sleek hair style and a smokey eye would be the perfect final touches to ensure that Leighton lands on the Best Dressed list.
 Vera Farmiga has had an up and down year so far on the red carpet and I hope that she pulls something amazing out when she takes to the red carpet at the Toronto International Film Festival alongside Leighton Meester, Billy Bob Thornton, and Robert Downey Jr. to premiere "The Judge." Vera usually wears a lot of black, only very recently breaking out into a few bold blues and reds on the red carpet. So I would not be surprised if Vera opts to wear black yet again while at TIFF. I would love to see that actress go for something sweet but edgy like this black Lanvin Resort 2015 jumpsuit which features a lace long sleeve blouse and silk tapered pants and a bow at the waist line. I think that this is something different for Vera and that she would look stunning wearing this ensemble. A black clutch and a pair of black Christian Louboutin pumps would be the perfect accessories for this look rounding it all out with a red lip would be the perfect way to bring it during TIFF
 Also premiering on the opening day of TIFF is "The Humbling." When the film premiered this weekend at the Venice Film Festival none of the lovely female stars took the journey to the Italian city for the red carpet. I am praying that this is not going to be the case come Toronto. As it is a daytime premiere but still for a film festival I picked this electric blue Bibhu Mohapatra Resort 2015 blouse and skirt ensemble for star Greta Gerwig to wear for the premiere of the film. This is a look that translates very well from day to evening which is perfect for this films TIFF premiere. I would pair this look with a blue Edie Parker clutch and a pair of black sandals to ensure that none of the look is competing with each other. Greta should style her hair in a sleek top knot and throw on a red lip color to ensure that she has the perfect red carpet ensemble.
 Kyra Sedgwick was not at the Venice Film Festival premiere of "The Humbling" either and I am hoping that she does make the trip to Toronto as she used to be a favorite to see on the red carpet. I would pick this black J. Mendel Resort 2015 top and pants ensemble that features silver brocade cap sleeves and a purple waistband. Some might say that this look is too young for Kyra but I think that she would look stunning, sleek, and modern wearing this J. Mendel ensemble. I would just add a light pink lip and a pair of black pumps to finish off this ensemble for Kyra.
 Gong Li exclusively wore Roberto Cavalli while she was at the Cannes Film Festival promoting her film "Coming Home," which will get its big TIFF premiere on Friday. I am hoping that Gong reaches out to other brands for this film festival. As much as I love Roberto Cavalli, I really think that Gong has the potential to wow me and I would love to see her rock so many different brands. For the TIFF premiere of "Coming Home" I would love to see Gong wear this midnight to sky blue Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture ombre gown. I think that this is an elegant gown which isn't too much for the TIFF red carpet but glamorous enough to ensure that Gong stands out amongst all the various red carpets during the course of the festival. A pair of silver sandals and some simple Chopard diamonds will ensure that Gong is perfectly styled for her big premiere.
And last but not least for today I have a wish for Octavia Spencer to wear for the premiere of her film "Black & White" on September 6th. For the most part, with very little variation, Octavia remains loyal to Tadashi Shoji the man that dressed her through her Academy Award campaign, which she ultimately won. I do not suspect that Octavia will opt for any other designer for this major film festival premiere. I just don't know what she will pick to wear. I have my bets that she and Tadashi are working on something custom based upon the designers Spring 2015 RTW collection that will be presented soon during New York Fashion Week. And well since I cant foresee the future I dove into the Tadashi Shoji Fall 2014 RTW collection and found this stunning teal lace cocktail dress that I think would look stunning on Octavia. She doesn't wear many bright colors so I think that this would be a stunning step out of her comfort zone. I think that Octavia would have the look slightly modified to that there was a slight cap sleeve to cover her arms, but other than that I think that this would make for a perfect TIFF premiere ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment