Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1" New York Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence looked very elegant at the London premiere of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1" in a custom Christian Dior gown. As the face of the brand I figure that she will wear Dior for almost all of the major red carpets, New York included. I decided to go back to Raf Simons first collection for the house and pick this blue handkerchief blouse and black silk tailored pant ensemble from the Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture collection. I was not a fan of the Christian Dior Fall 2014 Couture collection and it doesn't seem to be getting much love off the runway either so I am sure that Jennifer will choose archive or custom for all of her premieres as none of the looks from Fall 2014 suited her. I think that this pant ensemble is perfect for New York where the premiere is a lot more laid back than London or LA. I would just add a pair of statement, possibly embellished, non-Dior pointed to pumps, and a red lip to finish off this perfect red carpet look for JLaw.
Elizabeth Banks will undoubtedly blow me away again on the red carpet at the "Mockingjay Part 1" premiere in New York. After winning the London premiere red carpet in Elie Saab Couture and a beautiful Saint Laurent gown at the Berlin premiere the actress is certainly on a run and I am excited to see what she will bring to LA and New York to come. This stunning Marchesa Spring 2015 RTW halter gown that features a column silhouette with a floral jacquard construction flecked with gold metallic, a rosette at the neckline and gathering at the waist and would look amazing on Elizabeth who knows how to werk the red carpet and shut it down. A simple gold clutch and a pair of gold sandals are the perfect accessories to make this look red carpet perfect. Hair pulled back, to show off the neck detail, and a pink lip will just ensure that Elizabeth shuts down this red carpet like usual.
At the London premiere of "Mockingjay Part 1" Jena Malone showed off a lot of her personality on the red carpet but I was not a huge fan of her Emilia Wickstead gown. I hope that we will continue to see her over the top personality but in clothes that I fall out of my chair for. I picked this white Elie Saab Spring 2015 (*Typo in the photo*) RTW stretch cady jumpsuit which melds masculine and feminine with its floral lace inserts and creased slim pant. This covered up jumpsuit still screams sexy which proves that you do not have to give it all away for a sexy ensemble. I would pair this look with a pair of white Christian Louboutin pumps and a gold and white Edie Parker clutch, slicked back hair and a red lip to ensure that this look is perfectly accessorized for the New York red carpet.
Julianne Moore has been blowing through all of her favorite red carpet brands and I am just waiting for the big Lanvin and Tom Ford moments of this promo tour. I figure that Julianne will wear a custom Tom Ford at the LA premiere which saves Lanvin for NYC. I picked this Lanvin Spring 2015 RTW cocktail that mixes black tulle, navy neoprene, black metallic silk lurex, and gold silk lame in a sporty color blocked package. The modern edginess of this sporty look is what I think will make it a perfect red carpet moment for a more casual premiere like is usually the case in New York. A gold box clutch, a pair of gold Tom Ford pointed toe python pumps, a red lip, and a slick sporty updo will finish the look the way it should to ensure that Julianne has another red carpet win.

No comments:

Post a Comment