Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Best Dressed of 2011 List

1) Wow I cant believe its already been a whole year since I last posted my best dressed of the year list. Last year the number one spot went to Coco Rocha in Zac Posen Spring 2008 RTW, she won because she wore that dress with all the drama and did not let the dress wear her. This year I have chosen Uma Thurman to top the list in this stunning white feathered Versace Fall 2011 RTW gown. When this gown first walked the runway in February I wished for Kate Beckinsale to wear it so initially when I saw Uma wearing it at the opening ceremony of the 2011 Cannes Film Festival (where she was on the jury). After the initial disappointment that my wish did not come true I started to fall in love with the look. From the emerald Chopard earrings to the way she worked the gown, to her strappy Jimmy Choo sandals. In comparison to a lot of other gowns this year nothing could live up to this including the nine others on the list below.
2) If to those of you who voted for the Readers Choice Best Dressed of the Year, will recognize all the winners of a spot on my list except this look from Iman, because this walked the red carpet post the date of the 100 images that you guys voted on. So why would I add this gown to the list? Because one of my favorite red carpet icons (yes she is she received an award from the CFDA about it) and my favorite Zac Posen Spring 2012 RTW gown and the fact that she worked it and BAM an opening in my best dressed list was created.
3) Rosie Huntington-Whiteley took the red carpet world by storm this year as she made her big screen debut as the token 'Hot Girl' in the film "Transformers: Dark of the Moon." Rosie who made a name for herself originally as a Victorias Secret angel, so Rosie stuck to the norm of short and sexy. Now Rosie gave us a lot of sexy (via her attitude and presence) but never did she give short. For the Berlin premiere of the film Rosie gave me my favorite look from her promotional tour. This Naeem Khan Fall 2011 RTW gown meets all of my red carpet love requirements. 1) It's a gown 2) It's crystal encrusted and 3) It has a sweeping train. I love the whole look and the fact that Rosie knows good and she is going to make whoever looks at this photo of her know she looks good.
4) I was extremely upset that there were not more pictures of Fan Bingbing at the Cannes Film Festival Premiere of "Wu Xia" because the stunning Chinese actress and L'Oreal Paris China spokesmodel (who attends the red carpet events just to bring elegance and grace to the red carpets at the festival) because she is wearing my favorite gown from the Atelier Versace Spring 2012 Couture collection. If there were images of the fullness of the gown when she stopped to pose then I believe that this might have made number two but because I cant tell if the shape was upheld or not I have to give her number four. A beige clutch and diamond bracelet completed this look.
5) When Zhang Ziyi took to the red carpet at the Rome Film Festival premiere of "Love For Life" wearing a stunning Christian Dior Resort 2011 ice blue ball gown. I had given up any hope of seeing any of the stunning ball gowns from this collection the red carpet after awards season because they would be way to out of season, so when Zhang graced the carpet in this gown (which had made its runway debut a year and a half before) I leaped for joy. Zhang kept the styling simple adding a matching ice blut box clutch, and simple drop diamond earrings. Hair pulled back into an elegant up do completed this best dressed look.
6) Nina Dobrev had never wowed me before on the red carpet but when she stepped out at the 2011 Emmy Awards, she took my breath away. The star of the CW's hit sensation "The Vampire Diaries" looked like a veteran red carpet diva wearing a Donna Karan Resort 2012 mermaid gown that was custom made in red for the actress. She didn't let down with the styling either wearing a gunmetal 19th century Fred Leighton necklace and a gunmetal Judith Leiber clutch. The hair pulled over one shoulder also looked 100% amazing.
7) Zoe Saldana was on hand at the Cannes Film Festival premiere of "The Tree of Life." The actress who attended the premiere of the film just for the sake of donning a haute couture dress custom made for her by Armani Prive and looking stunning. Do not take that as a complaint because I am doing anything but that as if I was complaining Zoe would not be on the list and someone else would be. Zoe completed her best dressed look with Nicolas Kirkwood peep-toe pumps and Neil Lane jewelry.
8) Rachel McAdams is becoming one of my favorite red carpet divas and this is just one reason why. When I saw this Marchesa Fall 2011 RTW in the original collection I never would have thought that I would ever see this gown on the red carpet, I wasn't even sure that I wanted to because there was no life breathed into the dress and made it not seem like it would not make an impact when if was to be worn the the red carpet. Well I will say that I was wrong, I fell in love the moment that I saw the image of Rachel on the famous stairs at the opening ceremony premiere of her film "Midnight in Pairs" at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. Rachel let her gown do all the talking by pairing the dress with just a simple pair of gold Casadei pointy toe pumps, retro waves, and neutral makeup.
9) Anne Hathaway looked all the part of the Hollywood style goddess that she is as she took to the stage in her first look, a Givenchy Fall 2009 Couture gown, at the 2011 Oscars. This gown has to be one of my favorite Anne Hathaway looks ever, I am so excited that Rachel Zoe decided to pull this gown from the Givenchy archives. I let out a gasp when the screen showing the opening montage was raised and Anne came through the fog in this stunning gown. I am also glad that she didn't overload this gown with lots of diamonds because that would have completely ruined this entire looks.
10) I love this look from Lady Gaga. Here she is seen leaving the studio where she recorded the song and video "Lady is a Tramp" with the legendary Tony Bennett. The stunning pop star wore the exact same Tom Ford Fall 2011 RTW gown in the video. I love that she took the evening gown and is wearing it in the daylight on the sidewalk. How she styled the look with just her aqua hair and Chanel sunglasses make this look effortless. I will say I am not Tom Fords biggest fan but this is one of the times that I am in love with the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment