Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 Golden Globe Awards: Best Actress in a Movie - Drama Nominee Wish List

Cate Blanchett has taken a nomination for Best Actress in a Movie Drama for her work in the Woody Alan film 'Blue Jasmine' and I am most excited to see what Queen Cate will bring to the red carpet at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards on January 12th. Last year Cate was named the face of Giorgio Armani's latest fragrance 'Si' and surprisingly we have not seen her in but one Armani ensemble since that announcement. For the Golden Globe Awards I think that this amazing champagne colored Armani Prive Fall 2013 Couture gown would bring the utmost glamour to the red carpet on Cate. This dress to me is a very modern interpretation of 1930's Hollywood and this is the type of look I most love to see on Cate. A gold box clutch, a pair of gold sandals, a faux bob with old Hollywood waves, as well as a neutral makeup palette will make sure that Queen Cate reigns supreme.
I saw 'Saving Mr. Banks' last night and I have to say I can totally see where Emma Thompson earned her nomination from. While I do not know if she will take home a globe against Cate Blanchett or Sandra Bullock, but I am sure that the 54 year old actress will bring it to the red carpet either way. For this event I would love to see Emma wear this amazing green Vionnet Fall 2013 Demi-Couture fitted gown with attached cape. Many readers may know that I have a love for capes. I find something about a woman in a cape on the red carpet extremely regal which is something that I think Emma could pull off swimmingly. Finish the look with simple gold sandals, a gold box clutch, and a pair of statement yellow gold and emerald earrings to ensure a regal red carpet ensemble.
'Labor Day' may have earned Kate Winslet a Golden Globe nomination but I don't believe that she will take home a trophy. If the new mother even decides to travel to LA for this event I can see her wearing this nude beaded Jenny Packham Spring 2014 RTW gown with a deep v neck and cap sleeves. This is a perfect post baby dress because it is simple and the shape is figure flattering which is what every new mom wants. A nude clutch and gold strappy sandals along with a selection of Tiffany and Co. diamond jewels in the ear and on the wrist will ensure that Kate glows.
Last but not least for today is 'Gravity' star Sandra Bullock. From everything that I am reading its going to be a Sandy vs. Cate showdown for who takes home the Best Actress in a Movie Drama trophy at the Golden Globe Awards. Because she seems to have a 50/50 shot of taking home this award I want Sandra to be on top of her fashion game. Since 2010, when Sandy took home her first Academy Award for 'The Blind Side,' she has really learned how to dress for the red carpet. I am hoping that this awards season that Sandy really shines and pulls out all the stops for this years awards season. For the 2014 Golden Globe Awards I think that this black Marchesa Spring 2014 RTW gown with white floral embroidery is absolutely perfect for Sandra. It will make for the most amazing red carpet moment Sandy has ever had. A black Judith Leiber crystal encrusted clutch, a pair of black Saint Laurent sandals, as well as some stunning diamonds in her ears and on her wrists will make for the perfect topping to this amazing red carpet ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment