Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 Peoples Choice Awards Wish List Part 1

Cameron Diaz is nominated for Favorite Comedic Movie Actress at the 2015 Peoples Choice Awards which will take place at the Nokia Theater on January 7, 2015. I have never really been a fan of Cameron as I feel that the 42 year old actress is stuck in a style rut. I do not see her breaking away from this anytime soon so I picked this black Saint Laurent Spring 2015 RTW long sleeved mini which features a gathered detail on one shoulder and a bronzed belt, which is exactly something that would be in her wheelhouse right now. They say you can not teach an old dog new tricks. Finish the look with a red lip and a pair of black Christian Louboutin pumps and you have another stereotypical Cameron Diaz look or the People Choice Awards.
Now that I have passed Cameron I have to say I am less cynical about the rest of the ladies on this list. Chloe Grace Moretz is nominated for Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress and I can not wait to see what the 17 year old actress will wear on the red carpet. This Valentino Spring 2015 RTW candy colored striped shift cocktail dress would be a perfect red carpet look for Chloe. The actress loves to have some fun with her dressing and this is an event where she is able to be cute and have fun. A pair of gold sandals, a pink clutch, and a pink lip would finish this look off perfectly for Chloe.
I am praying that we will see a lot of Emma Stone on the red carpets in the upcoming year. I am hoping that her red carpet campaign will begin at the Peoples Choice Awards next Wednesday where she is nominated for Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress, Favorite Movie Duo, and Favorite Movie Actress. The PCA's are not really an event that comes to mind when I think of couture, but I think that this Armani Prive Fall 2014 Couture red embellished bustier and black silk short ensemble is a perfect look for Emma to wear for this occasion. She would be wearing couture without looking overdressed. A pair of black Christian Louboutin Sandals and a red satin box clutch would finish this look off in an effortless way to ensure that Emma looks amazing and event appropriate.
Favorite Actress in a New TV Series (Gotham) nominee Jada Pinkett Smith is one that I always look forward to seeing on the red carpet. The 43 year old actress defies aging always looking sexy and full of youth. I am excited to see what she will bring to the red carpet come the Peoples Choice Awards next week. I think that this white Versus Versace Spring 2015 RTW tuxedo inspired cocktail dress designed by Anthony Vaccarello which features a black print on one half is the perfect option for Jada to show her sexy side which goes with her "Gotham" character Fish Mooney. I would keep the runways accessories and add a gold clutch to ensure that Jada gives us sexy to the n-th degree.

Jennifer Lawrence falters between a total wow and leading the worst dressed list. I am hoping that at the 2015 Peoples Choice Awards next week that the actress, nominated for Favorite Movie Actress and Favorite Action Movie Actress, will be a WOW. During her "Mockingjay" promo tour some of my favorite non-Dior looks that JLaw showed off were from Mugler designed by David Koma so it was really a no brainier that when I saw this Mugler Spring 2015 RTW ensemble that it would be perfect for JLaw at the PCA's. The ensemble consists of an off-white draped satin blouse and a metallic silver mini skirt. I think that this sporty, modern, and sexy ensemble is exactly what Jennifer needs to get her 2015 off to the right start, we all remember the Dior "Little Mermaid" inspired bed sheet that she started the year off with at the Globes this year and things did not get that much better. Finish the look off with a pair of statement Christian Louboutin sandals, a red lip, and a wavy bob and Jennifer will for sure get that perfect red carpet ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment