Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

2013 Cannes Film Festival: L'Oreal Spokesmodel's Wish List Part 1

 The Cannes Film Festival just like the Met Ball is just around the corner. As a sponsor of the event L'Oreal Paris sends all of their spokesmodels just to walk the red carpet and add a dose of Hollywood glamour to the red carpet. Ironically the first actress we have up for a wish list is not a Hollywood name but a Bollywood name. Aishwarya Rai is an Indian star and obviously a face of L'Oreal. She has a huge relationship with Elie Saab and I always expect at least once look by the designer worn by her during the duration of the festival. Last year I was disappointing with her blue gown from Elie Saab's Fall 2011 Couture collection (pictured L). Well I have three looks by the designer for the star to choose from. First is a powder blue ball gown from the Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture, out of all the looks this is best for a premiere. I think that this gown encompasses the go big or go home mentality of Cannes for the major stars. Next is a stunning electric blue long sleeved Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2013 gown, this is much more of a party ensemble and as L'Oreal throws some amazing parties during the course of the festival. Finally we have this midnight blue Elie Saab Fall 2013 RTW beaded gown. This could go for either a party or a standard non-gala premiere.
 Last May model Barbara Palvin made her Cannes red carpet debut looking stunning in a chevron Valentino Fall 2011 Couture gown. I am looking forward to seeing what the stunning Hungarian beauty will bring to the red carpet this year. First look I have for her is this stunning red Armani Prive Spring 2013 Couture gown. She should feel honored that I have wished for her to wear this as it was one of my favorites of the Spring 2013 Couture collections. She would look amazing in this and as a face of L'Oreal she would not go unnoticed. Next is a stunning Giambattista Valli Spring 2013 pale pink floral embroidered gown. I think that this would look amazing against Barbara's pale skin. Last but not least I have a stunning white and gold baroque print Zuhair Murad Spring 2013 Couture gown. Again another one of my favorites of the Spring 2013 Couture collections and it is my favorite of these looks for Barbara to wear as it totally embodies the Cannes experience.
Finally we have Beyonce. The stunning actress and pop star has not been on a Cannes Film Festival red carpet as a L'Oreal Paris spokesmodel and hasn't been on the famous stairs at the event since the 2006 Premiere of her film 'Dreamgirls' during the festival. I am hoping that between stops in France at the same time as the festival that the star will make her first appearance at the festival. The first look I would like to see Beyonce wear for the festival is this black tulle with gold embroidery Marchesa Fall 2013 RTW strapless mermaid gown. I watched the video of this collection and this dress is stunning and in the finale they showed the dress without the jacket and it is just even more stunning. The second option I have for the star is this amazing red Zuhair Murad Fall 2012 Couture gown. This gown is sexy and light which embodies the goal of everyone's look when they walk the red carpet at Cannes. The last look that I picked is tone on tone black Zuhair Murad Fall 2013 RTW gown. This is just a sultry sexy look that Bey would rock on any red carpet and I think that she would stand out at Cannes wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment