Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

2013 Cannes Film Festival: L'Oreal Spokesmodel's Wish List Part 4

Evangeline Lilly has not been seen on the Cannes Film Festival red carpet since 2010 where she wore a stunning Valentino gown and a shocking Emilio Pucci cocktail dress on the red carpet. Evangeline has a very simple sense of dressing and I think that the three looks that I have picked for her would look amazing on her and would be contenders for her to wear. Of course we have my favorite look a stunning peach Elie Saab Fall 2012 Couture gown. I think that this would be the best option out of all the looks, not only because I am in love with this Elie Saab collection, because it would fit her body amazing and is a perfect mix of tomboy and glamour. Then we have a blush pink Reem Acra Pre-Fall 2013 gown. All the looks I have picked have sleeves because Evangeline has very broad shoulders and I think that these would downplay them like she tends to do on the red carpet. Finally we have the most predictable look a stunning Valentino Fall 2012 Couture blue on blue gown. I have been surprised that more of this collection hasn't been worn but I think that this would be perfect for Evangeline on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival.
In 2010 and 2011 Fan Bingbing was the Queen of the Cannes red carpet just showing up to the premieres looking fabulous wearing designs by Armani, Elie Saab, Versace, Valentino, Oscar de la Renta and many many more. Last year she only took to the red carpet at the Palais de Festivals twice once in a stunning Elie Saab couture creation and once at the opening ceremony in a modern take on a cultural gown like she has every year since she showed up on the scene. Well I do have a wish for her to wear for the opening ceremony but that won't be published until late April with the rest of the wishes for the ladies attending the Opening Ceremony of the festival. Here I have three looks I would love to see the Chinese beauty wear. Up first is a sculptural Armani Prive navy blue one shoulder gowns. Fan loves to wear big gowns but looks amazing in ones fitted close to her body and I think that the fit and the color on Fan would look stunning. Next I have a stunning yellow ball gown from the Elie Saab Spring 2012 Couture collection. Since I first saw this gown there is not a celebrity in the world that I can picture it on except for Fan. I am glad that she is not afraid to dig into archives to pull out gowns and this is one that needs to be seen. The last gown I have picked for the L'Oreal girl is this stunning wine colored Marchesa Fall 2013 RTW gown that was shown not shown on the runway but in the collection made available for sale through ModaOperandi.com. I think that this would have a large impact on the red carpet in Cannes because it is a classic silhouette with a modern twist with the peek-a-boo hemline.
Up last for today is Freida Pinto. The stunning Indian actress who was thrust into the international spotlight when her first film 'Slumdog Millionaire' became a hit with the critics and went on to win the Best Picture of the Year Award at the Academy Award in 2009. Since then she has been seen in several film festival films as well as the 2011 film 'Immortals.' Last year was Freida's first ever Cannes Film Festival and she rocked a bevy of glamorous looks from a host of designers such as Michael Angel, Atelier Versace (twice), Salvatore Ferragamo, and Paco Rabanne. I am hoping to see the stunning beauty again this year wearing a whole new batch of stunning designs. I think that this first look I have for Freida would make a huge statement, a stunning gold and white Alexander McQueen Fall 2013 RTW gown. I, of course, would not have her wear the strapless gown with the cape as it was presented on the runway but just the strapless ball gown itself. Then there is this amazing beaded Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2012 Couture gown. This gown is a work of art and I can not believe that someone has not snatched it up yet. And finally we have a stunning red silk Marchesa Fall 2013 RTW gown with gold embroidery. Freida always looks stunning in red and it has been a long time since we have seen her wear a Marchesa design.

No comments:

Post a Comment