Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

2014 Cannes Film Festival: L'Oreal Spokesmodels Blake Lively, Cheryl Cole, Eva Longoria, & Fan Bingbing Wish List

Earlier this year L'Oreal Paris announced Blake Lively and her hubby Ryan Reynolds as spokesmodels for the brand and I can not wait to see them on the red carpet in Cannes next month. The fact that Ryan will be premiering a film at the festival as well holds true to the hope that they will wow. Blake is one of the few ladies in Hollywood that doesn't use a stylist and 9 times out of 10 the results are fantastic. One gown that I can see Blake trying to snatch up for this major red carpet is this orange Atelier Versace Spring 2014 Couture halter neck gown. This is stunning, sexy, and impact making which are all things that Blake looks for in a red carpet option. The other gown that I picked for Blake is this black and silver Marches Fall 2014 RTW lace gown. This gown is all the things the Atelier Versace gown is but in a demure old Hollywood way.
British pop star and recently reappointed 'X-Factor UK' judge Cheryl Cole usually flies into Cannes and attends one red carpet. I always hope for more when she does because she usually leaves me speechless and wanting more. Her go to designers for Cannes have been Stephane Rolland and Zuhair Murad so I have picked a look from each for her to pick from. The first is a black Stephane Rolland Spring 2014 Couture gown with long sleeves and a high low hoop skirt. This is a bold statement that would require some really awesome shoes. The other gown I picked is this white Zuhair Murad Spring 2014 Couture double breasted tuxedo inspired gown. The sexy menswear inspiration and the light color make this a sexy ultra feminine look perfect for the red carpet.
Eva Longoria is another red carpet staple at the Cannes Film Festival thanks to L'Oreal Paris. We usually see Eva's best looks come to life on the red carpet of the Palais de Festivals and I am hoping that is no different this year. Picking just two gowns for the former 'Desperate Housewives' star is always hard because I wish Eva would just stay in Cannes for the duration of the entire festival and just wear fabulous gowns the whole time. The first gown I picked is this white Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture floral embellished cap sleeve ball gown. Eva loves a big dress and I think that this one is appropriately big for this red carpet. The other is a purple Christian Siriano Fall 2014 RTW ball gown in a shimmering fabric. This is a big statement and I think Eva would look absolutely stunning in this gown but the label might not be quite up to the standards of the Cannes Film Festival red carpets. We might see Eva rock another custom Emilio Pucci gown on the red carpet as well.
Back in 2010 Fan Bingbing took to the red carpet at several premieres during the Cannes Film Festival in stunning couture, sparking questions of 'who is that girl?' Well we found out later that year that Fan Bingbing is a Chinese actress and singer who is the face of L'Oreal Paris in Asia. Fan has given us 28 stunning looks since 2010 on the red carpets of Cannes and I am hoping that there is no change when it comes to the Opening Ceremony next month. My first wish is one that I can't show all of you. Why? Because I want to see Fan bring back the custom Chinese traditional gown that she rocked in 2010, 2011, and 2012. These gowns really showed the diversity of the festival while maintaining high glamour with their modern cuts. After that all bets are off and I hope that Fan pulls from every designer that she has grown to love. The first gown I have picked for the actress is this heavily embellished Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture strapless ballgown. I think that this is a perfect statement for the Cannes Film Festival red carpet and Fan makes such beautiful magic when she wears the designs of Mr. Saab. The other gown I have chosen for Fan is this amazing white Georges Hobeika Spring 2014 Couture structured gown. This might come off as a little bridal to most but I think that Fan has the potential to pull this gown off and make it werk on that red carpet. Other brands I would love to see Mrs Bingbing wear are Stephane Rolland, Zuhair Murad Couture, Armani Prive, custom Atelier Versace, Marchesa, and Giambattista Valli.

No comments:

Post a Comment