Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

2014 Met Ball: Kate Hudson, Lupita Nyong'o, & Miley Cyrus Wish List

Coming off the coat tails of her stunning Oscar night Atelier Versace and Zuhair Murad Couture gowns I am hoping that Kate Hudson will keep up her game for the 2014 Met Ball. When picking a look for the Met, Kate usually runs to her gal pal Stella McCartney for a custom gown. Well I am hoping that Kate shuns the gowns and rocks one of the fringe Stella McCartney Fall 2014 RTW mini dresses. I picked this navy and royal blue high neck mini because I want Kate to show off her stunning legs and I think that the color would just accentuate Kate's eyes and bombshell blonde hair. Old Hollywood waves over one shoulder, neutral makeup, a blue Edie Parker clutch, and some simple blue peep toe pumps will finish off this look perfect for the red carpet.
Lupita Nyong'o ran the red carpet during awards season with no fewer than 18 stunning red carpet ensembles in the first 2 months of the year. I am hoping that the new fashion darling will take to the red carpet at the 2014 Met Ball, and I think that this is a very major possibility. While another custom Prada or Miu Miu gown is expected I am going to take my wish is a totally different direction. I think that this orange Prabal Gurung Fall 2014 RTW gown with a mosaic metallic bodice would give Lupita a look that would be admired for being incredibly ballsy. There are not many women in the world that I can picture wearing this gown and being able to rock it off the runway and Lupita is one of them. Some gold jewelry and gold pumps will make for this absolutely amazing look for Lupita's very first Costume Institute Gala.
Miley Cyrus has just put an indefinite postponement on her 'Bangerz' tour so I am not so sure if she will take to the Met Ball red carpet in 2014. Usually Miley does take to this red carpet so it will be different to not see her taking to this red carpet If she does I would love to see Miley wear this Armani Prive Spring 2014 Couture gown with loads of embellishments and spaghetti straps. This is a slinky silhouette that Miley loves when it comes to her formal red carpet dressing as of late. I would add a navy Chanel clutch and some simple black Saint Laurent 'Janis' sandals to complete this amazing red carpet ensemble for Miley.

1 comment: