Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

2014 Met Ball: Heidi Klum, Jenna Malone, Kate Beckinsale, Lea Seydoux, & Michelle Dockery Wish List

Heidi Klum is always a staple at the Costume Institute Gala and I am excited to see what she will bring to the red carpet come May 5th. I have been seeing that Heidi has been working on her red carpet style trying to bring it in with a new age. I think that this white Versace Fall 2014 RTW gown with a draped cowl neck, gold beaded spaghetti straps, and slash detailing on the skirt would be a perfect look for the supermodel to wear for this red carpet. This is a simple yet sexy and elegant statement that Heidi doesn't make very often. More often than not we see Heidi rock the overtly sexy looks or ones that are much to matronly on the red carpet and this is the perfect blend of the both. A pair of gold strappy Christian Louboutin sandals and some stunning gold Lorraine Schwartz earrings would make this look red carpet ready.
We really got to know Jena Malone towards the end of last year while she took to the promo tour for 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.' One of her go to brands is J. Mendel and becoming a red carpet darling as of lately so if she were to take to the red carpet at the 2014 Met Ball I have very little doubt that she will not pick a look from the brand if not have a custom look. This white draped gown with a beaded neckline and loads of cutouts from the J. Mendel Fall 2014 RTW collection is exactly what I can picture Jena wearing. A pair of gold stilettos and a red lip would make this a best dressed worthy look on the red carpet of the 2014 Costume Institute Gala
Kate Beckinsale is one of my favorite stars to see take to the red carpet. I am so excited to see what she will bring to the red carpet at the 2014 Met Ball if she is attending. I love the baby blue tulle Marchesa Fall 2014 RTW gown with silver cap sleeve beading is perfect for this red carpet. Kate knows how to werk this almost mermaid silhouette like no other and I think that this will make for a moment that will go down in the record books. A pair of silver strappy sandals, a silver Edie Parker clutch, and some stunning diamond drop earrings will make for the best possible moment that Kate could bring to this red carpet.
Lea Seydoux is one of the current faces of Miu Miu's Spring 2014 RTW advertising campaign and I am sure that if she takes to the red carpet at the 2014 Met Ball that she will werk either Prada or Miu Miu. While I believe deep down in my soul that Lea will work with Muccia Prada to create a custom look from either one of the labels I have to hold out hope and pick a dress from the runway. This silver Miu Miu Fall 2014 RTW cocktail dress with a blue plastic yoke and bold crystal embellishments would be my choice for Lea. While for the most part we see her take to the big red carpets in custom gowns I think that it would be an awesome change of pace in this short design. It opens up the opportunity for an amazing pair of shoes and lots of details to be added. I would go as far as to go all out with a 1960's inspired look with a beehive, period makeup, and a cute clutch to finish this look off.
And last up for today is Michelle Dockery. The 'Downton Abby' star has not had the year so far that she did last, after all she did rank number four on my Best Dressed of 2013 list. I am hoping that she picks up the pace with the rest of the year and gives me red carpet moments to die for. Having been a regular at the Met Ball since 2012, wearing Ralph Lauren and Burberry, it would not surprise me if she took to the red carpet this year as well. The sad part about her past two appearances is that I was not in love with either of them and I am hoping that this year I will. I picked this Valentino Fall 2014 RTW red peasant gown with a beaded peter pan collar for Michelle to wear to this years event. Michelle rocks this more covered up look really well, a lot better than most other Hollywood starlets. I would just pair this look with the matching runway Valentino red satin pumps and some simple hair to give this look a sophisticated chic feel on this red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment