Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

2014 Cannes Film Festival: L'Oreal Spokesmodels Freida Pinto, Gwen Stefani, Jane Fonda, & Jennifer Lopez Wish List

Frieda Pinto has only been rocking the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival since 2012 but she has been rocking it none the less. I will say that while high impact most of Mrs Pinto's Cannes gowns have been on the more demure side of grand, and I am hoping that she will give us some amazing statements this year. First wish I have is something that is more along what Frieda has worn in the past with an ice blue Atelier Versace Spring 2014 Couture one shoulder gown with a thigh high split. This look is sexy, demure, elegant, and show stopping perfect for the red carpet. The other gown I picked is much more impact making, This white Christian Dior Spring 2014 Couture sleeveless gown is a major red carpet moment just waiting to happen. If you watch the runway show on YouTube you can see that the circular pattern is actually comprised of sequins. I would add a red waist band to really define Frieda's waist as she is only 5'5 in comparison to the almost 6 foot model. A pair of white pumps or sandals with a red clutch would just make this look even more high impact.
L'Oreal gal Gwen Stefani has been MIA from the Cannes Film Festival red carpets since her last appearances in 2011 and I am dying to see the stunning rockstar make her return to the red carpet. No one knows how to do the old Hollywood rockstar look quite like Gwen and that is something that I love to see when she takes to the red carpet. She gives us proper 50's housewife from the neck up and modern rock goddess from the neck down. If L'Oreal books Gwen on the red carpets this year I would love to first see her wear this amazing Alexis Mabille Spring 2014 Couture ivory gown with s side cutout and draped shawl detail. This gown is the epitome of Gwen's style, classic with an edge and she is one of the few women that I can see being able to pull this gown off for the red carpet. The other gown I picked for Mrs Stefani is my favorite Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture black to silver ombre strapless embellished gown. I know that since this gown did not get a moment at the 2014 Academy Awards that someone will snatch it up for the Cannes Film Festival. This would defiantly play more into the glamour goddess thing that Gwen does and would look sensational on her.
Jane Fonda always rocks the red carpet in Cannes giving us one look to talk about after another. Last year Jane gave her most talked about look ever in an aqua Atelier Versace gown that featured side cutouts. At the age of 76 not one of her peers, who are mostly under the age of 35, is able to outdo her. The first look that I am wishing to see on the stunning actress is the opening pale pink floral embellished long sleeved number from the Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture collection. This is a much more feminine look that Jane doesn't do very often and would be a change of pace for her and a glamorous one at that. The other look that I am praying for is one that is much more associated with Mrs Fonda. This deep jade green Zac Posen Fall 2014 RTW long sleeved gown which is completely backless. Its the mix of classic, sexy, and elegant which makes this the perfect look for Jane for the 2014 Cannes Film Festival red carpets.
Jennifer Lopez is another L'Oreal girl that has been missing on the red carpets of Cannes since she attended a single event, the amFAR Gala, in 2010. I really think that this is a place where Jennifer can shine on the red carpet. No one does the big diva red carpet moments like Jennifer Lopez, though Eva Longoria certainly does try. For this years event I have picked two gowns for Jennifer, actually it was three but the other Zuhair Murad Couture gown I wanted to see Jenny wear was snatched up by Zhang Ziyi. The first gown that I have picked for Jennifer is this one shouldered Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture embellished white gown with a hip peplum and a sexy split up to there. This is a true diva moment and I think that Jenny is one of the few women that would give this look the attitude to really make it werk the way it should. The other gown I have picked for JLo is this Zuhair Murad Spring 2014 Couture leopard print embroidered ball gown. This is a gown that really makes a statement and I am praying that the wearer really does it justice and makes it a crazy memorable moment that I will have to consider for Best Dressed of the Year, and Jennifer would do that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment