Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

#Cannes2015: L'Oreal Ladies Aishwarya Rai, Blake Lively & Cheryl Fernadez-Versini Wish List

Bollywood starlet Aishwarya Rai has been a queen of the Cannes Film Festival red carpet for years. The L'Oreal Paris ambassador to India always knows how to BRING it to the red carpet. Last year he major look was a gold Roberto Cavalli couture gown that she worked like it owed her years of back rent. I am excited to see what the Indian beauty will wear this year. I would love to see Aishwarya dig into the Armani Prive archives and pick up this green layered strapless fully beaded mermaid gown from the Armani Prive Spring 2012 Couture collection. I have been long awaiting someone to pick this gown up and wear it on the red carpet and I think that Aishwarya would be the perfect woman to give this gown its moment. The other look I would love to see Aishwarya to wear on the red carpet at the Palais de Festivals would be the grey Elie Saab Spring 2015 Couture beaded and feathered cap sleeved a-line gown. This is a perfect statement for the Cannes red carpet because it is glamorous while taking a major risk, and the feathers would flow beautifully with the sea breeze from the French Riviera. Flawless hair and make-up courtesy of the L'Oreal Paris masters and Chopard jewels will finish this look off perfectly for the Cannes Film Festival red carpet.
Blake Lively slayed her first ever Cannes Film Festival last year. In fact her custom black and white Gucci Premiere gown that she wore for the "Captives" premiere topped my 2014 Best Dressed of the Year list. I am hoping for a major repeat performance this year. While Blake will most likely wear a custom Gucci gown I decided to stray away from that as the way Gucci is heading has me very scared. I instead went to the king of red carpet glamour and this stunning white Elie Saab Spring 2015 RTW fully beaded sheath gown with flowing cape train. This gown would be an amazing glamorous statement for Blake to make on the Cannes red carpet. Blake has been a busy bee as of late, she had 10 looks in 1 day this week, whilst promoting her new film "The Age of Adeline" and it seems like she has no intentions of slowing down. The other gown I picked for Blake is this absolutely stunning Oscar de la Renta Fall 2015 RTW gown with its extreme sweetheart neckline. I am sure that this gown will make an appearance between the White House Correspondents Dinner tonight, the Met Ball on May 4, or the Cannes Film Festival.
Cheryl Fernandez-Versini (Cole) usually only jets to the French Riviera for one premiere for the Cannes Film Festival, while her other L'Oreal spokesmodels usually do at least two premieres and a few parties. I am hoping that Cheryl will take a break from her oh so busy schedule to walk the carpet at two premieres this year. The first look I picked for the British pop star is an avant garde ivory and gold Georges Chakra Spring 2015 Couture strapless gown. I wouldn't normally associate Georges Chakra gowns with the Cannes Film Festival, only Elizabeth Banks has made me love one of his gowns at the festival in 2010, as I normally associate Georges Chakra with country music awards shows. I think that Cheryl would make this gown look like an expensive modern twist on a classic silhouette. The other look I would love to see Cheryl rock on the Cannes red carpet is this Stephane Rolland Spring 2015 Couture silver crystal embellished long sleeved top and white flowing chiffon skirt. This look is sleek, modern, and glamorous and perfect for Cannes where modernity and glamour are on the menu for a perfect Cannes red carpet look.

No comments:

Post a Comment