Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

#Cannes2015: L'Oreal Ladies Julianne Moore, Naomi Watts & Sonam Kapoor Wish List

Julianne Moore worked the 2014 Cannes red carpets last year promoting L'Oreal, "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1," and "Maps to the Stars." This year, as far as I know, Julianne will only be in Cannes as a L'Oreal Paris ambassador. I am excited to see what the Academy Award winning actress will rock to add a little more glamour to the Cannes red carpet. The first look that I would love to see Julianne wear for Cannes 2015 is this amazing Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2015 Couture asymmetrical tuxedo inspired one sleeved gown. Julianne is one of the lovely ladies that I think would take this gown and make it werk for a red carpet. It is simplistically complicated which is the type of look Julianne wears with such ease. The other look that I would love to see Julianne rock for Cannes is this amazing tiered Oscar de la Renta Fall 2015 RTW strapless sweetheart neckline organza and taffeta embroidered ball gown. I love a red head in red and I think that this particular hue would look amazing on Julianne. Other possibilities could come from Tom Ford, Balenciaga, and Chanel.
It really made sense for L'Oreal Paris to snatch up Naomi Watts to be a brand ambassador. She always looks stunning and is no stranger to the Cannes Film Festival red carpet. I am excited to see what the Aussie film star will rock for her first Cannes as a L'Oreal spokesmodel. The first look that I would love to see Naomi wear is this amazing pink to red fully beaded Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture ball gown. I was really shocked that no one snatched this gown up during awards season which just means that it needs to make a Cannes Film Festival appearance. Naomi tends to stick to lighter less bold colors but I think that for such a major stage that this gown is perfection. Naomi is a huge fan of Marchesa, she stunned last year in a dusty blue goddess gown from the brand at the "How to Train Your Dragon 2" premiere, and I think that this re-embroidered Marchesa Fall 2015 RTW halter mermaid gown that features beaded fringe on the mock sash waist. This is a very Naomi type of dress and I am kind of expecting her to wear this amazing creation at some point during the Cannes Film Festival. Some Chopard and Bulgari jewels will undoubtedly finish off these stunning looks.
One L'Oreal girl that I am most excited to see take to the Cannes Film Festival red carpet is Indian beauty Sonam Kapoor. It took a few years for Sonam to get her red carpet footing at the legendary film festival but honestly the past two years Sonam has blown me away so I have high expectations for her to blow me away yet again this year. What I love about Sonam is that while she wears the biggest couture gowns for the festival she also always steps out wearing one couture sari to pay homage to her Indian roots. Last year I came really close to putting the Anamika Khanna Couture sari that Sonam wore for the "Foxcatcher" premiere on my best dressed of the year list, the look was in my top 20 looks of last year and was cut at the last minute. I would love to see Sonam wear this Anamika Khanna Resort 2015 cream sari with gold embroidery for one of her Cannes red carpet appearances. I love how chic and modern this sari is while still being very traditional at the same time. The other look that I would die to see Sonam wear is this Elie Saab Spring 2015 Couture hand painted silk floral gown with a high neckline. This gown screams to be worn at Cannes and I think that Sonam has the elegance, grace, and poise to make this gown sing a beautiful song on the Cannes red carpet. Like I said I am praying that Sonam really does blow me away again at Cannes.

Only 14 more days until the Cannes Film Festival kicks off. I wonder who will join Sienna Miller, Catherine Deneuve, and Sara Forestier on the Opening Ceremony red carpet and beyond. Premiere wish lists start tomorrow! Are you guys as excited as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment