Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

#Cannes2015: Everyone Else Wish List

Dita von Teese loves Cannes, and the festival red carpet usually looks really good on the burlesque beauty. Usually around for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS gala, Dita usually takes in at least one screening (most likely something from the Cannes Classics line up.) If Dita is going to take to the red carpet during Cannes I would love to see her look to the Ralph & Russo Fall 2015 Couture collection for her ensemble. This black and white cocktail ensemble with its voluminous skirt might be considered too short for the Cannes Film Festival rules of dressing but I think that the look actually fulfills the go big or go home mentality. The off the shoulder look is an over the top version of a 1950's couture ensemble and I think that Dita would slay that Cannes red carpet in this gown. Her go to beauty routine of black lacquered waves and red lip, finished with Chopard diamond chandelier earrings, a black Christian Louboutin clutch, and a pair of black Christian Louboutin sandals would complete this perfect red carpet ensemble for Dita.
Last year Eva Herzigova wore a Dolce & Gabbana cocktail dress on the red carpet for the Cannes Film Festival premiere of "Two Days, One Night." Not one to defy the Cannes dress code I would love to see the Czech model and actress give a take on the menswear trend and work this black and ivory Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2015 Couture tuxedo. This might be a menswear inspired look but this look is all feminine, from the ivory silk pants to the floral embellishments on the lapel. I go back on forth, since Eva would most likely be a guest of Chopard, on whether or not I would pair this look with a statement necklace or a pair of statement earrings. With her shorter hair I would probably pick a statement necklace to go with this look. Finished with a pair of black sandals and a red lip then Eva would have a Femme Fatale look perfect for a Cannes Film Festival premiere.
Heidi Klum is a consistent face during the Cannes Film Festival, there are two traditions when it comes to designers that Heidi wears on the Cannes red carpet. One is Marchesa (which will come later when I do my amfAR wishes) and the other is Atelier Versace. Now Heidi wore the Atelier Versace Spring 2015 Couture collection for the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Viewing Party, and it was basically a disaster. I am praying that Heidi will have a glamorous moment on the Cannes Film Festival red carpet. So I picked this silver Atelier Versace Spring 2015 Couture Swarovski crystal embellished gown, but it would need a few things to be red carpet ready for Heidi. The whole gown needs to lined, in what I would suggest be a silver silk, so that Heidi doesn't fall into tacky territory. Chic old Hollywood waves, a simple pair of diamond earrings, a pair of silver sandals, and a pink lip would ensure that Heidi has a winning red carpet ensemble on her hands.
Spanish supermodel Nieves Alvarez also usually runs to Cannes for at least one premiere. I am predicting that Nieves will do so yet again this year. If she does than we will most likely see her in one of two brand: Ralph & Russo Couture or Stephane Rolland Couture. I have decided to go with the latter. I am absolutely in love with this white Stephane Rolland Spring 2015 Couture long sleeved gown with a leather scale like bodice, illusion paneling, and white silk crepe mermaid skirt. I think that this gown is just begging for a strong woman who would evoke this gowns warrior spirit that this gown gives off. Finish the look strong with a wavy bob, emerald earrings, a red lip, a white Edie Parker, and a pair of silver sandals. Should Nieves do all that I can see her taking a spot on my Best Dressed of the Year list three years in a row.
I can't remember the last time that Paz Vega hasn't been on the red carpet during the Cannes Film Festival, and I am hoping that this year would be no different. I simply adore seeing the Spanish actress take to the red carpet. For a Cannes premiere I would love to see Paz wear this Elie Saab Spring 2015 Couture sheer black floral embellished long sleeved ballgown on the red carpet. While I am used to seeing Paz kill the red carpet in varying bold designs by Ralph & Russo and Stephane Rolland I think that this simple ball gown would be enhanced her pixie style. A pair of bold sapphire and diamond cluster earrings, a pair of black sandals, and a red lip would make this a magical red carpet moment for Paz during the Cannes Film Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment