Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

#Cannes2015: "The Lobster" Premiere Wish List

I don't think that the Cannes Film Festival would be complete without at least one appearance by French actress Lea Seydoux. On Friday May 15, Lea will take to the festival to promote her latest film "The Lobster." I am honestly waiting with bated breath to see what Lea will be bringing to the red carpet. For the photocall during the day I would love to see Lea wear this bubblegum pink Prada Fall 2015 RTW with red lapel details and an aqua blue top. As a brand ambassador for Prada, Lea is one of the few ladies that has a near perfect track record when it comes to the brand on the red carpet. I expected that one, if not both of Lea's looks during the Cannes Film Festival will come from Prada. Finish off the photocall ensemble with chic waves, a red lip and a pair of red pumps to ensure that the look checks all the boxes. For the premiere I am predicting that Lea will wear a custom Prada gown but if I had to pick a runway look for her to wear on the red carpet it would definitely be this Elie Saab Spring 2015 Couture nude ball gown. This floral beaded ball gown would look so elegant on Lea who would work this with great aplomb.  A chic low bun, simple earrings, a gold clutch, and a pair off gold sandals would ensure that Lea continues her sophisticated Cannes red carpet run.
"The Lobster" is one of two films that Rachel Weisz is going to be promoting during this years Cannes Film Festival. I was heavily disappointed in the Chanel Couture dress that Rachel wore to the Met Gala this past Monday and I am hoping that we will see her red carpet mojo return quickly for Cannes. I would like to see Rachel try Chanel Couture again for Cannes via this electric blue Chanel Spring 2015 Couture tea length dress which I think would be perfection for a photocall. I would even like to see Rachel wear a modified version of the floral bolero that the dress was paired with on the runway. While I would figure that Rachel would quickly step into a pair of black pumps to finish this look off, I would recommend that she wear a pair of very simple almost naked Saint Laurent "Jane" sandals in black to make sure that she keeps this look breezy for the French riviera. A red lip and simple hair would ensure that Rachel redeems herself from that ugly Met Ball dress. For the premiere I am praying that she will blow me away. I am praying that someone picks up this white Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture strapless goddess gown emblazoned with purple floral details. I think that Rachel would look amazing in this gown and that it would be a perfect look for a Cannes Film Festival premiere. A simple pair of diamond earrings, chic waves, and a pair of silver sandals would ensure that Rachel kills her first premiere during the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment