Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Premiere Wish List

Last year we saw Cate Blanchett take to the red carpet in London (in Givenchy) and Wellington, New Zealand (in Antonio Berardi) to premiere 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.' I am hoping that this year we will see Cate take to every red carpet that is possible to premiere this film (mostly just because I love to see her wear fabulous clothing on the red carpet.) As the film is mostly filmed in New Zealand this is where the cast usually gathers to have the world premiere of the film. Now I am going to forgive Cate for the god awful hideous Christian Dior quilt she wore during the Deauville American Film Festival but I think that she could redeem herself with the brand by wearing this absolutely amazing black with blue crystal embellishments for the world premiere. Recently we have seen Cate move away from the classic Hollywood glam looks that we love on her to wear more fashion-y avant garde looks and I have to say that I love it. A year ago I would have never put Cate and this gown on the same post. A black clutch, a pair of black pumps, and some simple jewels would complete this look and make me die once again for this woman.
After Wellington usually comes London, as of right now a date can not be confirmed for the Royal Gala Premiere. For this premiere I am wishing to see Cate wear this amazing dove grey Marchesa Spring 2014 RTW gown, that was sold in pre-order on ModaOperandi. Cate has not worn a Marchesa design before but recently she has been experimenting will all kinds of new designers. I have been really wowed by the new collaborations and I think that this gown would look amazing on Cate. This dress is in total contrast to the Christian Dior wish as this is very classic and feminine while the Dior is avant garde and edgy. To meet the royals in this premiere I think that this is appropriate. Finish the look with just some simple diamond jewels and a pair of silver sandals and Cate will have another winning look on her hands.
Last but not least I am creating a wish for Cate Blanchett for the LA Premiere of this film. We have not seen her attend one for 'The Hobbit' yet nor is there one confirmed. I might just have created it because I wanted to create a wish for my favorite woman Cate to wear my favorite red carpet designer Elie Saab. Much like with Marchesa, Cate has never worn a design by Elie Saab and I am very upset about this because I just think her beauty with his designs would be a match made in heaven. This emerald green Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture gown with a lace watteau train would literally make my heart stop beating the moment I saw it. The color on Cate would be fantastic and a rare treat because she usually sticks to softer colors or black and white. Finish the look with an emerald Edie Parker clutch, a pair of the matching Elie Saab emerald satin pumps, and some amazing vintage Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry and a hospital trip to restart my heart would be certified.

No comments:

Post a Comment