Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

2014 Academy Awards: Nominee Luncheon Wish List Part 2


Lupita Nyong'o has been on FIRE ever since she stepped out on the scene last September at the Toronto International Film Festival. The Kenyan actress has never ended up on my worst dressed list, EVER and I can't see that happening anytime soon because Lupita is one of the most consistent dressers on the red carpet. I put her on the same pedestal that I put my red carpet queens like Cate Blanchett and Diane Kruger. The Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon is a more laid back event that doesn't require a cocktail dress or evening gown. So I have chosen a Chloe Pre-Fall 2014 ensemble for the stunning actress to wear. The look on the far right that consists of a cream long sleeved chiffon ruffled blouse and navy a-line flouncy above the knee skirt would be absolutely perfect. This is a more girly feminine look that we haven't see on Lupita because she either goes very sophisticated or very minimalistic. Finish this look with a pair of Miu Miu pumps and a bold lip color so that Lupita will have the perfect look for this event.
Unlike Lupita, Sandra Bullock is touch and go with the looks that I like that she wears on the red carpet. I usually like Sandra's more casual ensembles and her super glam gowns but the in between can sometime make me on the fence (not that her casual and glam looks can't its just more sparse.) Luckily for her this is a more casual event and a more buisnessy than other events that she has been attending lately. The last Nominees Luncheon that Sandy attended was the year she was nominated for 'The Blind Side' and she wore a long sleeve Roland Mouret grey structured dress. That dress was really busy compared to the black and white David Koma Spring 2014 RTW color blocked knee length dress that I think Sandra should wear for this event on Monday. A pair of bold colored shoes, I would personally pick blue because I think that they fit Sandra's style, would be all that I add to finish this look off as there really is no need for a bag of any sorts for this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment