Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

2014 Academy Awards: Presenters Wish List Part 2

Glenn Close has a close relationship with Zac Posen and he almost exclusively dressed the 66 year old actress and I am sure that is not going to change come Sunday night at the 2014 Academy Awards. For this years ceremony where Glenn is a presenter I would love to see her wear this navy blue Zac Posen Fall 2014 RTW gown which features long sleeves and a built in cape. I am in LOVE with this gown, continuous readers know I love me a red carpet look featuring a cape, and I think that this is the perfect look for Mrs Close for this occasion. A pair of navy Salvatore Ferragamo pumps, a navy Prada satin box clutch, and some stunning diamond cluster earrings will finish out this perfect ensemble for the 2014 Academy Awards
This is the first time that I have ever featured Goldie Hawn on this site, so lets give her a warm welcome. Goldie, along with daughter Kate Hudson (who's wish will post tomorrow), are both slated presenters at this years Academy Awards. Goldie still has that loose BOHO chic look that she helped make so popular in the 1970s. For Sunday nights awards I am trying to mesh that BOHO ascetic with the high glamour associated with the Oscars. This gold Jenny Packham Fall 20114 RTW long sleeve beaded gown would be a perfect choice for Mrs. Hawn. This gown would look elegant and dazzling while still being laid back and sexy. These are all things that Goldie looks for in a red carpet ensemble, and most importantly it is age appropriate. Finish the look with a pair of gold stain peep toe pumps, a gold box clutch, and a simple pair of gold cluster earrings and Goldie will dazzle me on the red carpet.
At last year's Academy Awards Jennifer Garner worked the red carpet in an absolutely AMAZING Gucci Premiere gown, and I am hoping that she will give us something just as amazing to talk about this year. I pulled this blush pink Oscar de la Renta Fall 2014 RTW ballgown but there is just something about it that reads a little safe for me. This might be my choice because of the fact that Jennifer hasn't worked any interesting looks while promoting her film 'Dallas Buyers Club,' which is nominated for Best Picture on Sunday night. If she goes this route a pair of gold sandals, a gold clutch, and some dazzling diamonds might help lift this look to a wow moment on Jenn but I am still holding out that she will find the most stunning custom gown in the world like last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment