Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

2014 Cannes Film Festival: Chopard Trophee Gala & Kristen Stewart Wish List

Every year Chopard awards two rising young talents the Chopard Trophee, which has gone to talents like Audrey Tautou, Shailene Woodley, Jeremy Irvine, and Ezra Miller. This year the two recipients are Logan Lerman and Adele Exarchopoulos. Adele made her debut last year premiering 'Blue is the Warmest Color' at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival with another Chopard Trophee winner Lea Seydoux. Adele is much on her way to being a prominent actress. She, in joint with Lea, were the first actresses to take the Palme D'Or home; an honor historically just given to the films director. For this awards ceremony I am sure that designers will be throwing gowns at Adele and I am hoping that Maxime Simoens Fall 2014 RTW black column gown with silver embellished bust line peplum is what she ends up choosing. I think that this gown is absolutely amazing. A simple yet impact making statement. I would pull Adele's hair up into an elegant bun, add a red lip, and a pair of red pumps to just ensure that this is an award winning look.
Cate Blanchett will be in attendance during the festival to premiere her film 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' as a gala screening and also as the patron presenter of this years Chopard Trophee. Chopard always brings an established actor or actress to present the young talent with their awards and to impart words of wisdom upon them. After a few years of male presenters I am ecstatic that Cate will be the one presenting this years awards. As most regular readers will know, I have the biggest girl crush on Cate. She is my #1 dream client. If I were dressing Cate for this event I would have to pick this icy blue Armani Prive Spring 2014 Couture strapless gown. I think that the laid back unstructured nature of this gown is perfect for a slightly more laid back event during the festival and for the breezy French Riviera. A pair of silver sandals, a pair of stunning Chopard diamond earrings, and a diamond cuff bracelet would give this the perfect toppings to this amazing red carpet ensemble.
Aside from premiering 'Clouds of Sils Maria' Kristen Stewart will also be helping to auction off her film 'Camp X-Ray' during the festival. I have heard that Kirsten may make a second red carpet appearance to help do so. As the face of Chanel I figure there will be at least one look from the brand during the festival and after a horrible look at the 2014 Met Ball, I am hoping that she can redeem herself. This dove grey Chanel Spring 2014 Coutuer gown with beaded and feather embellishments would be a perfect look. Much like I said for her 'Sils Maria' premiere look; a tight bun to help minimize the effects of her ugly orange hair, a pair of silver sandals, and a silver clutch would give me the right accessories to give me a perfect red carpet ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment