Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

2014 Cannes Film Festival: 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' Premiere Wish List

The Cannes Film Festival officially kicks off next Wednesday, and I am so excited! Next Friday is seeming like it is going to be quite the evening on the red carpet at the Palais de Festivals. Two major films will be screened. First is the out of competition gala premiere of 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' and the other is the in competition premiere of 'Captives' staring Rosario Dawson and Mireille Enos (that wish list will go live on this site next Tuesday.) What excites me most about this day is the fact that Cate Blanchett will give a me what I am sure will be my best dressed look at the festival. Being a Cannes Film Festival veteran I am excited to see what the actress will bring to the red carpet. This amazing Zac Posen Fall 2014 RTW navy blue body hugging gown accentuated with a dramatic cape. This gown combines my love of Cate and my love of Capes. I am super shocked that no one picked this gown up to wear for the 2014 'Charles James: Beyond Fashion' Met Ball earlier this week. I would just add a pair of navy satin pumps and some stunning Chopard diamonds to complete this amazing red carpet ensemble.
Earlier this week I fell in love with what Kirsten Wiig wore on the red carpet at the 2014 Met Ball. It was this amazing custom back Balenciaga ensemble that paired a structured ball skirt over tailored pants. While that was a perfect Met look I am hoping that Kristen turns up the glam for the 2014 Cannes Film Festival premiere of her film 'How to Train Your Dragon 2.' This champagne colored Marchesa Pre-Fall 2014 embroidered bodice and layered tulle mermaid gown would look stunning on Kristen to give her the perfect look for the light style that would be perfect for the French Riviera. Her long bob should be slicked into a sleek do, a pair of gold sandals, and a gold clutch win neutral makeup and simple jewels will make this look even more perfect.
I am hoping that for the Gala premieres that Sofia Coppola will opt out of her favored short ensembles and rock some couture gowns. Having attended a few Chanel Couture fashion shows in the past I think that picking this silver Chanel Fall 2013 Couture ankle length gown would be a perfect choice for Sofia to make for this red carpet. Of everyone that has been announced to attend the festival Sofia is one of the ones I worry will bring the glamour of the red carpet down. A silver Edie Parker clutch, a pair of silver sandals, a simple updo, and very simple jewels will give Sofia a stunning red carpet look, again outside of her all black comfort zone.
Elie Saab usually embraces women that are relatively unknown on the red carpet in Cannes, dressing them in his stunning couture designs. While jury member Jeon Do-Yeon isn't a Cannes newbie by any means, she has won the Best Actress Award at the 2007 festival, she is relatively unknown in the fashion world. I am hoping that since she is on the jury that designers will throw gowns at her. I am hoping that Jeon is able to get her hands on this ethereal Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture white gown. This gown is elegant and does white without feeling bridal to me. A matching white Edie Parker clutch, a pair of silver sandals, a diamond necklace, a glamorous updo, and a red lip will ensure that Jeon looks every bit the part of the Festival Jury Member that she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment