Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

2014 Cannes Film Festival: 'Clouds of Sils Maria' Premiere Wish List

Kristen Stewart will premiere one film in Cannes and promote the sale of another (see a wish for that red carpet in the upcoming days.) "Clouds of Sils Maria" is the film that Kristen will be premiering In Competition during the festival. I will say that despite the fact that Kristen is the current face of Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 that I am hoping that she will not wear one of the houses creations for the red carpet. Her Met Ball gown was a total disaster and of the gowns available to view there are not any that I can see Kristen being able to rock. I think that this navy blue simple silhouette Armani Prive Spring 2014 Couture gown with silver embellishments would be absolutely perfect for her to make on the red carpet. A tight high bun will minimize the hideous orange hair that she currently has for a film, when will she learn that they make wigs for a reason, and a pair of simple black Christian Louboutin evening sandals will make this a perfect look.
Chloe Grace Moretz rocked the 2014 Met Ball red carpet in the Chanel collection that Kristen is the face of and it has made me very excited to see what she will bring to the Cannes Film Festival premiere of her film 'Clouds of Sils Maria.' While I figure we will see Kristen don couture I think ready-to-wear is a little more suited for Chloe. This blue, green, grey, and orange patchwork Valentino Fall 2014 RTW long sleeve gown would be a perfect option. While it is completely covered up I feel that this gown is youthful and light perfect for the French Riviera. A gold clutch, a pair of gold sandals, and a high updo will ensure that Chloe is on the best dressed list at her premiere.
I have a feeling that over the course of the festival we will mostly see Sofia Coppola wear short designs so I think that this blue and black Lanvin Fall 2014 RTW fringe dress is a perfect option. If all Sofia wears for 12 days is LBD after LBD I think I may slit my wrists. In 2010 we had Kate Beckinsale, 2011 Uma Thurman, 2012 was Diane Kruger, and Nicole Kidman last year; each of these women really brought the glamour to the red carpets of Cannes and I am nervous that the jury members this year are not going to be able to live up to the past. A black clutch and a pair of black sandals will finish this look off.

No comments:

Post a Comment