Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

2014 Cannes Film Festival: 'The Homesman' and 'Le Meraviglie' Premieres Wish List

I was looking at premiere dates, as they were released just the other day, and 'The Homesman' and 'Le Meraviglie' are premiering on the same day. The first set of stars to take to the red carpet will be the cast of Tommy Lee Jones' 'The Homesman.' Hilary Swank is amongst the glamorous cast of the film and will return to the croisette for the first time since 2009. I am super excited to for Hilary to take to this red carpet because she is one of my favorites to see take to the red carpet. The moment I saw this black to silver embellished ombre gown on the Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture runway livestream I yelled "HILARY SWANK NEEDS THIS GOWN,' and the Cannes Film Festival is the perfect red carpet to make this paring since she wasn't at the Academy Awards. A glamorous up do, a red lip, a black Edie Parker clutch, black Christian Louboutin sandals, and a dazzling pair of Chopard diamond earrings will just make this look even more perfect.
If Meryl Streep flies to Cannes it will be her first appearance at the festival in YEARS, and I mean like 15+ years. I either love or hate Meryl's red carpet style and I am hoping that if Meryl takes to the croisette that she will deliver a stunning red carpet moment. I think that this Valentino Spring 2014 Couture long sleeve lace gown is absolutely perfect for the 64 year old actress to wear on the red carpet. I do figure that if Meryl does take to this red carpet that she will wear a custom Lanvin creation, but this Valentino is what I would pick for her from the current stock of available runway gowns. This gown doesn't need many accessories but I would add a brown/bronze Edie Parker clutch, a pair of brown satin pumps dyed to match would make this a perfect look for the Cannes red carpet.
Model and Actress Monica Bellucci will be premiering her new film 'La Meraviglie' at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. Most known for being a face of Dolce & Gabbana I am sure that the Italian model will select a gown from the brand. I think that this black silk and sequin Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2014 RTW strapless gown would be a beautiful option for Monica to make even though I am sure that she will wear a custom made creation. As long as it isn't a mermaid bustier or mermaid lace strapless gown I think I will be okay with it but I really hope that Dolce goes all out in their creation for this festival taking inspiration for a bespoke piece from the Fall 2014 RTW.
Like I have continuously said in my posts over the next few days I am really wanting to see Sofia Coppola expand her red carpet horizons over the course of the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. If the jury takes to the red carpet during this premiere I have picked this navy blue and black Ulyana Sergeenko Spring 2014 Couture draped tuxedo inspired gown for Sofia to wear. This is very much in her color comfort zone but is much more formal than almost every single one of her red carpet ensembles to date, but this is Cannes where everything is bigger and better. Like with most of her looks a black Louis Vuitton clutch and simple black sandals will put the finishing touches on a simple but beautiful ensemble for the Cannes Film Festival red carpet.
In 2013 Christian Dior was throwing clothing at stars of every caliber that were taking to big red carpets, which helped the brand land the Red Carpet Designer of the Year in 2013. I do not think that that momentum has slowed down any in 2014 with 23 looks already sitting in my best dressed folder. I think of all the jury members in Cannes this year that Jeon Do-Yeon is the one that is most likely to snag a Christian Dior creation for the red carpet. On Wednesday of last week Raf Simons showed the Christian Dior Resort 2014 collection at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and I think that this tie-dye inspired gown with a black skirt and white, pink, and red on the blouse is a pick that would look stunning on Jeon. A pink clutch, black sandals, a pink lip and a vintage inspired up-do would make this look perfect especially if topped off with some stunning Chopard diamonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment