Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

2014 Cannes Film Festival: 'Saint Laurent' Premiere Wish List

Lea Seydoux will be in Cannes this year to premiere her Yves Saint Laurent biopic 'Saint Laurent' in competition on May 17th. As a face of Prada and Miu Miu there has only been one look not from the brand worn by Lea on the red carpet. I am hoping though that Lea will wear Saint Laurent for this premiere. I saw this stunning red Saint Laurent Fall 2014 RTW sequin cocktail dress and thought how it would make the perfect gown for a Cannes premiere if lengthened into a circle skirt. This would be the perfect mix of the classic and modern Saint Laurent brand and a bold statement for the Cannes red carpet instead of classic. A sleek up-do, red lips, no clutch, simple Saint Laurent 'Janis' sandals in black, and simple sleek diamond jewels would make this look 1,000% perfect for Cannes.
In total opposite of what I want to see Lea wear on this red carpet is the golden Alexis Mabille Spring 2014 Couture goddess draped gown that I want to see Jeon Do-Yeon. I figure that Jeon will end up being my stand out star on the 2014 Cannes Film Festival jury and I really hope that I am right. I know I have said it before but coming off stars like Kate Beckinsale, Diane Kruger, and Uma Thurman, I am weary of this years red carpets. Those three ladies all gave me looks that I put on my Best Dressed of the Year list and the likes of Nicole Kidman came very close. Well enough rant back to the clothes! I think that this golden gown would be would be pretty on Jeon with its classic silhouette and simple embellishments. A gold clutch, gold sandals, and simple jewels would all compliment this gown perfectly for this red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment