Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Best Dressed of the Week Ending 2/10/2012

This look makes me jump out of my seat. Not only is Mena wearing a bold dress (the print and cut) but she is actually adding color to the look!!!! These red pumps are absolutely phenomenal and adds just the right amount of sass and playfulness to this bold look. The slightly longer train gives the look some uniqueness, and I absolutely love it. It's also pretty obvious that Mena has the right sass and confidence to pull off this look, and I think that truly sells the outfit. I have no complaints nor wishes for this look!
Dynamite Dita! This lady has always been one fashions most iconic stars, and this dress is a prime example of why shes is. First off, the color on her is absolutely drop dead stunning; I am even ignoring the fact that she's been wearing it quite a bit, cause it is so perfect on her. Next, the gorgeous rouching not only hugs her body perfectly, but it also is on an alternating angle that makes my eye dance and keeps the outfit interesting. I also adore the slightly asymmetrical scoop neckline; again, it's interesting and flatters her quite well. My only suggestion would be to add a gold accessory such as some dangly earrings or a clutch.

Now, Megan is a 'Fox'-y lady even without the divine designs of Elie Saab, but this dress puts her over the top! The cut and shape of this dress gives Megan the hourglass figure that almost every woman would kill for. The crystals on the dress add a simple elegance, yet slightly bold bling at the same time. The high waist band is also a nice touch in elongating her figure, making her look taller.

First off, I want to commend Elle for stepping out of the typical red carpet box and actually wearing pants (without holes or poor bleaching effects on them). Although this is a simple look, simplicity can go a far way, and this look is a prime example. The color shows off Elle's gorgeous skin and hair, and the shape of the jacket hugs her small waist in all the right places. Not to mention how the v-neck blouse and her wide pants work together to elongate her even more. I'll admit, I do wish that she would add a spark of color, possibly bold earrings or a necklace.

When I saw Stacy in this ASOS dress, I think my heart skipped a beat. I want to talk about this interesting top, first. The patch of skin that she has showing is a pretty unusual place to show, but that what really makes this outfit unique and sexy, but not distasteful. This dress fully defines sexy- elegant, which I personally love! The formfitting skirt shows off her curves and extends past her knee at just the right length to make it more on the elegant side. Would've loved to see a metallic in the accessories, but hey, we can't have it all. Other than that, no complaints!
Now, we all know Whitney is gorgeous, but this Julien MacDonald dress looks stellar on her. Even though the color of the dress is so similar to her hair, the dress somehow makes her hair color pop. I also love the unique off the shoulder draping and the uneven hemline, along with the flowy-ness of the dress. Although, Whitney should really trade in her black clutch for a metallic one. But overall, this is a stunning outfit!
I have always been a huge fan of Jessica and this sexy, but still elegant, ensemble reaffirms why I adore her so much! Although most of you will probably think, "This is a boring color palette", for her I think it's perfect. Her skin color is absolutely gorgeous and why not show it off? The asymmetrical blouse elongates her, making her even taller. And the skirt! The skirt hugs her in all the right places without being too tight, and the embellishment on it elongates her legs as well. My only complaint would be the shoes; I think she should add a spark of color to really make this outfit dynamite. I would suggest a pair of red evening sandals by Michael Kors.
Well, it shouldn't be a surprise that J-Lo ended up on this list. This pale pink/ nude dress is such a sweet sexy that really shows off her already fabulous body. This plunging neckline shows just enough cleavage without it being an eyeful. This dress hugs her shape perfectly, and I love that she added some color to the outfit with her shoes!

Since I am constantly harassed for snubbing my nose at more modern pieces, versus elegant and classic looks, I have decided to nominate one of my new favorite icons. Princess Kate looks embodies the bridging of modern and classic styles perfectly. She took a typical look, a jacket and pencil skirt and totally morphed it into edgy and fashion forward without giving the Queen a heart attack. The color is not the normal color that you would associate a jacket and skirt ensemble, which is great, but I also love that she added a belt here! I love the quirky hat as well, it adds a elegant British touch. Last, but not least, Kate, the shoes are phenomenal!
Funny how the little girl from Win- Dixie can transform into a stunning woman so quickly. First off, the form-fitting shape suits Dakota perfectly, showing off her every curve in a flattering manner. Also, the off the shoulder shrug was a nice touch and adds some edge to the look. But I can not talk about how perfect the color combo is. Most people don't understand how red and blue go together, but these contrasting colors balance each other out and adds some edge to the look; it also adds some color to her pale skin. Only complaint is that instead of a nude colored shoe, she should add a bronze strappy heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment