Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Best Dressed of the Week Ending 3/17/2012

Well, hello there Rachel. Now, there's no doubt in my mind that Rachel was turning heads in this Jason Wu piece. Lets start of with the cut of the dress; the high neckline balances out the formfitting shape of the dress, which makes it classy-sexy. I also love the asymmetrical hemline and kick, again, sexy but still classy. But my favorite, favorite, favorite part of this ensemble is the bunched knot on the side of her torso. It tricks the eye to make her waist appear even smaller, although she is already gorgeous as is, which is what every woman wants. The color and unique print also contrasts nicely with her skin tone. Since the dress is so bold with the pattern, there's no need to jazz it up with too many colorful accessories and Rachel's pee toed pumps are enough jazz to last the night.
I'll admit, normally, I hate orange, but after seeing Elizabeth debut in this stunning Atelier Versace piece, I'm starting to reconsider my aversion to it. The color is so vibrant and it enhances Elizabeth's blonde and pale skin complexion; I also think that the color makes her look slightly tanner than she normally is due to the underlying color in the design. Now lets talk about this fabulous fit! I'm all for a sexy form fitting dress, but its the strap and the unique neckline. The neckline is almost an asymmetrical modified sweetheart neckline; I'm sure designers would appreciate my innovation in terminology! I also approve of the shoes and the color; since the dress is so bold on its on, it needs an element to tie it together and balance it out.
Va va voom! Lately Elizabeth has been rocking the orange look, and she wears it well. This is such elegant, yet a very modern look. I love how this Elie Saab piece is floor length, but still elongates her stature and makes her look taller; usually I would recommend that if you wanted to look taller in an ensemble, you should wear a piece that hits slightly above your knee cap, but this gown is an exception. The form fitting silhouette is another component that I am loving on this gown. It hugs her curves just enough without being too tight and still retaining it's flowy, elegant quality.
Now, I use to say that outfits like this should only be worn by Olivia Newton John in Grease, but Leslie pulls this outfit off so well that it makes me want to take back that statement entirely! The neckline is honestly phenomenal and shows off just enough cleavage, but not too much. The gold shoulders also adds a nice splash of color in a place that you normally wouldn't expect to see it. And the belt, the belt makes Leslie's waist look tiny tiny and truly transforms this ensemble into an hourglass piece. Last but not least, the fit of this outfit is spot on; the skinny leg shows off how learn her legs truly are. Sarah approved!
I know that on this blog we focus more on the couture and highly glamorous events and ensembles, but this causal outfit was too good not to recognize! I love the snug fitting, simple black tee paired with the skinny jeans tucked into the trendy boots. Now, this patterned coat really makes this outfit look modern and fashion forward. But I want to commend Miranda for adding a bold splash of color in her purse because this outfit needed some color added to it. I have no complaints on this outfit!
Aubrey Hepburn? Oh, its Michelle in Valentino. At first, this was a bit too classic for me, but the more I looked at the details in the dress, the more I started to fall in love with it. First off, the straight pencil skirt is a women's best friend, and for good reasons; pencil skirts elongates the body and also gives an hourglass shape. But now I want to focus on the top, starting with the asymmetrical neckline and the very unique cap sleeve. The layering on both shoulders also adds interesting dimension to the look as a whole. I love the softness that the dress embodies and Michelle reinforces that by pairing it with a nude shoe, which was quite clever.
Although I am slightly disappointing that the First Lady didn't wear the voluminous train, but I'm still thrilled that she went for a modern gown. Firstly, the color is stunning against her chocolate complexion, just stunning. I love the classic off the shoulder v-neck, but I adore the interesting rucheing and bunching at the bust line that extends all the way down her waist. This gives dimension and interesting details for the eye and makes her look thinner. But, Michelle should have traded the gaudy necklaces for a simple diamond piece.
I am finally stepping out of my comfort zone and starting to develop a more pronounced appreciation for whimsical designs such as this Cynthia Rowley piece. This trench coat meets bubble dress is nothing like I've seen before, but works nicely on June. It has volume and sass but it doesn't cross the line where it looks like a third grade art project. The high waisted belt brings the entire look together and elongates June so much that she looks much taller and leaner. The mesh of the colors are also remarkable, they are all different, yet they balance and compliment each other. June, good call on the shoes, the dress is already busy enough so a neutral was desperately needed to tie the color palette together.
I've got to say, out of all the looks thus far, I think this ensemble is the most practical everyday look. The floral print on top of the turquoise flowy dress is very modern hippie-chic that I absolutely adore. It's very upbeat, fresh and peppy; however, Kate needs some accessory saving. The pink pee toed pumps that she has on is the wrong shade of the pink in the dress and just looks off. Instead I would've paired this ensemble with some high, strappy metallic sandals. Also, since this whole ensemble screams hippie-chic, why not go all out and style her hair hippie inspired as well? I would suggest long, loose curls with a sassy, retro head band.
The concluding piece of the best dressed looks for the week is Zoe in Alexis Mabille. Now, just because she is last, doesn't mean that this ensemble lacks in any area, because it doesn't. First off, I want to commend Zoe for stepping out of the black pump box that so many celebrities cannot step out of, the metallic pumps are a nice touch to this dress. Now, what really makes this dress so unique is the pattern; it's Native American Indian meets a hippie. The color of the dress is phenomenal and the belt was a smart add to bring more shape to the dress. My only complaint would be the clutch. Zoe, just toss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment