Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

MET Ball Wish List: Naomi, Rihanna, and Sarah

 Naomi Campbell has worn Alexander McQueen almost exclusively on the red carpet since his death in 2010. I would love to see her wear this stunning avant garde black tulle embroidered Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2012 gown. I think that there are very few people who could pull off this gown in a non-editorial sense. No clutch, black strappy sandals, and hair pulled back would be all that are needed to go with this dress as it says so much on its own.
 Rihanna has been wearing a lot of Stella McCartney as of late but I feel that because that she is the current face of Giorgio Armani jeans that she will wear an Armani gown. I would pick this stunning Armani Prive Spring 2012 Couture gown with a sculptural bodice. This stunning gown is one of my favorites from the Spring 2012 Couture collections. I think that this gown is perfect for Rihanna's edgy sense of style and would look absolutely stunning against her skin tone. I would pair it with the runway clutch and some strappy gold sandals, as well as some gold jewelry.
And the very last wish I have for the 2012 MET Ball is for one of my favorite ladies on the red carpet Sarah Jessica Parker. I love to see Sarah on the red carpet as even as she has aged she still brings glamorous fashion forward risks to the red carpet. Sarah is a huge fan of Alexander McQueen and when I saw this black embroidered gown from the McQ  diffusion brand Fall 2012 RTW collection I knew that I wanted to see her in it. For this event I would recommend that she have the gown lenghtend to the floor to add a little bit more drama and add some sparkle to the look by swapping the velvet belt out for a beaded or crystal encrusted one. Black pumps, a bubble gum pink clutch, 60's beehive style hair, and some cat eye makeup would make this the perfect costume-y yet elegant ensemble for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment