Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

White House Correspondent's Dinner Wish List

 The White House Correspondent's Dinner is the one night where Washington puts on the west coast glitz. Michelle Obama will of course be on hand as she is the First Lady! LOL! I would love to see Miss Obama wear this stunning Oscar de la Renta Spring 2013 Bridal gown. I would die if she wore this but I do not think it will come true just because Oscar and Michelle do not have the greatest relationship. She has never worn one of his designs in her husbands entire four years of presidency, even though is is arguably one of the most brilliant names in American fashion. Another reason that she would most likely not ever don an ensemble by the designer is the fact that he called her out last year when she wore a red Alexander McQueen gown for a state dinner. I think that if the two could put aside her differences and collaborate that the result would be beautiful. Blue and silver statement jewels (which Michelle does so well) and a stunning pair of blue pumps are what is needed to create an amazing collaboration.
 Claire Danes is one of the confirmed guests of CBS as she is a star of their show 'Homeland.' I think that she would look absolutely stunning in this deep red J. Mendel Pre-Fall 2012 gown. It is such a simple gown, which is what I always love when Claire wears. She wore a gown that was custom created for her inspired by a more office attire style dress from this collection for the 2012 Golden Globe Awards, and earned herself a spot on the best dressed with it. I think that this color would look absolutely stunning on Claire with her fair skin and blonde hair. A matching clutch and strappy sandals would put her and this collection on the best dressed list again.
 Dakota Fanning has also been confirmed as a guest for the dinner. I have to say that Dakota has so much potential and most of the time she always falls flat. I have decided to put her in this stunning simple pale green Valentino Spring 2012 RTW gown. Now as you can see in the reference picture even a simple dress can be ruined by the wrong accessories and styling. I would pair this look with a metallic gold mirror clutch, gold strappy sandals, and a gold bracelet. To finish off this look she would need to pull her hair back into a tight pony tail and finish it off with simple make-up
 Elizabeth Banks is an unofficial brand ambassador for Versace so I will be very surprised if the stunning actress doesn't don a gown by Versace for this event. I have chosen to put her in this archive white Atelier Versace Spring 2010 Couture gown. I think that Elizabeth would look absolutely stunning in this, as I love her in white. I would pair this with a smokey grey crystal clutch and gunmetal strappy sandals.
 Jessica Alba loves herself some Ralph Lauren and this is rightfully so. She usually looks absolutely stunning in his designs. I would die a happy man if I get to see her in this minimal pink silk Ralph Lauren Spring 2012 RTW strapless gown. I think that this simple dress is right up Jessica's style. I think that she would wear her hair up almost like it is in the image on the left, add a silver crystal encrusted clutch, silver crystal encrusted sandals, and a stunning diamond necklace that would most likely drop down to the belly button.
And last but not least we have the Colombian sex goddess Sofia Vergara. Sofia wears Vera Wang for lots of major events, most recently the Golden Globes (she too also received a best dressed award). I would kill to see her don this amazing crimson Vera Wang Spring 2013 Bridal gown. This gown may actually be a bit much for this event but either way I still think that she would look absolutely stunning in it, weather she wears it now for for maybe the Emmy's. No clutch, red peep toes, and maybe some stunning earrings and a cuff would be all that are needed for this to be an absolutely stunning look, even though she would look stunning naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment