Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

2013 Emmy Awards: Oustanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series Wish List

Last year a pregnant Claire Danes walked the red carpet at the Emmy Awards in a lemon yellow Lanvin gown and ultimately took home the trophy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her hit Showtime show 'Homeland,' for which she holds the same nomination for this year. I am hoping to see Claire really return to top red carpet form after a few dull moments at the White House Corespondents Dinner and the Met Gala. I think that this strapless Atelier Versace Fall 2013 Couture blue embellished gown would be a perfect choice for the elegant blonde star. Claire's first post baby red carpet look came courtesy of Atelier Versace, and it was a total knockout, so I know that the two make a magic pair. Just a simple pair of black or silver sandals as well as some simple diamonds in her ears and on her wrist and Claire will have another winning look on her hands.
This is only the second time that I have featured Connie Britton on this site. It has only been recently that she has started garnering my attention with looks from Zac Posen, Reem Acra, and Black Halo. The star of 'Nashville' is nominated at the 2013 Emmy Awards for her work on the hit show for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series and I am hoping that she really steps up on the red carpet and gives me a look to talk about. I think that this white and black Reem Acra Fall 2013 RTW floral print gown would be perfect for her for this occasion. I still can't believe that this gown hasn't been snatched up, especially on Oscar night, I was sure that some celeb would have grabbed it right off the runway. A blue clutch, black sandals, simple diamonds and a red lip would be how I finish this look off to give an attention grabbing Emmy's look.
'Mad Men' star Elisabeth Moss is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series yet again and I am hoping that she will take this opportunity to give us an amazing red carpet look which is something that we have not seen Lizzy give us in a while. I think that this navy blue Elie Saab Fall 2013 RTW gown would be a perfect but simple look with an embellished top. I think that when in doubt pick an Elie Saab creation is the way to go. There have not been a whole lot of looks in three years that I have loved from Elisabeth, the entire 'Mad Men' cast for that matter. Add a blue Edie Parker clutch, a pair of simple navy pumps, and a statement diamond cuff and Elisabeth will have a look that will look elegant and glamorous on the Emmy Awards red carpet.
Kerry Washington is one of the few that could bring the high fashion factor to the red carpet at the 2013 Emmy Awards and I am hoping that she really does. Having been snubbed for her role as Olivia Pope in the hit NBC television show 'Scandal' at the 2012 Emmy Awards, Kerry is nominated this year for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for the show this year. I am really looking forward to seeing what she will break out for the occasion. I think that this grey Valentino Fall 2013 Couture ankle length gown with black embroidery in the shape of coral. I am hoping to see her really rock this gown as it is something that I could totally see her rocking this for this event. I would finish this look off with a black Edie Parker clutch, a pair of deep berry satin pumps, and some stunning Chopard dazzlers would complete this amazing red carpet ensemble.
Michelle Dockery has been on and off this year with her red carpet choices. I loved her Alexandre Vauthier gown at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards and her Elie Saab gown at the 2013 White House Corespondents Dinner but I was really disappointed with her Louis Vuitton gown at the 2012 Emmy Awards and her Chado Ralph Rucci gown at the 2013 SAG Awards. I am hoping that Lady Mary from the PBS show 'Downton Abby' will wow on the red carpet next month when she takes to the red carpet for the 2013 Emmy Awards where she has garnered a nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. I think that this pink Donna Karan Resort 2014 gown would be the perfect choice for her. When a star steps out in a Donna Karan gown on the red carpet they usually just ooze glamour and sophistication which is the formula that Michelle needs to stick to on the red carpet. A gold Kotur clutch and a pair of gold strappy sandals would complete this amazing look for the 2013 Emmy Awards red carpet.
Back before her divorce from Sean Penn, Robin Wright had moments where I loved her look and moments where I hated it. Since then she really hasn't given me anything to get really excited over or to loathe so I am hoping that the actress, who is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for the Netflix original series 'House of Cards.' I am hoping that she is just saving all her best looks for the Emmy Awards and Awards Season in the spring. For the 2013 Emmy Awards I would love to see her wear this simple white Jason Wu Resort 2014 draped goddess gown. A blue Kotur snakeskin minaudiere, a pair of silver sandals, a statement diamond cuff, and a pair of diamond and sapphire earrings would be exactly what I would do to add a little spice to this glamorous ensemble for Robin for the 2013 Emmy Awards.
Back in 2010 Vera Farmiga worked the awards season circuit nominated for her work in 'Up in the Air' and in most cases looked beautiful. Lately I have really been questioning her choices, well actually ever since she went blonde I have not been a fan of hers on the red carpet. I am hoping that wearing a tried and true formula will help me grow to like her look at the 2013 Emmy Awards. L'Wren Scott is a Hollywood favorite among the likes of Nicole Kidman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Tina Fey, Amy Adams, among MANY others and I am hoping to add Vera to that list this year. This black and gold art deco L'Wren Scott Fall 2013 RTW strapless gown would look absolutely amazing on Vera for this years Emmy Awards where she is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her A&E series 'Bates Motel.' Keep the styling simple with black pumps and a black and gold Jimmy Choo 'Tube' clutch and minimal jewelry and I could potentially love her look at the 2013 Emmy Awards, but we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment