Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

2013 Emmy Awards: Oustanding Lead Actress in a Mini-Series or Movie Wish List

After faltering from red carpet looks that I love Helen Mirren worked the red carpet and promotional trail for her film 'RED 2' last month and I am hoping that she keeps it up coming next month at the 2013 Emmy Awards. As an Academy Award winning actress Helen is one of our hopefuls to bring couture to the red carpet at this event as she is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Mini-Series or Movie for her HBO film 'Phil Spector.' I think that this dove grey Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture gown would look fantastic on the 68 year old actress. This year Helen has really decided to have fun on the red carpet. At the 2013 BAFTA Awards Helen debuted her pixie cut in a bold way with sugary sweet bubblegum pink hair and at the LA premiere of 'RED 2' under her teal Elie Saab gown she wore plexi platform stripper pumps. The youthfulness of this look comes courtesy of an open back that many actress over the age of 45 or 50 would run the other way from but I do not think that this would be the case with Helen. A silver Edie Parker clutch and who knows what shoe could be anything from her plexi stripper shoes to a pair of elegant silver sandals we would just have to wait and see what she pulls out of her hat at the Emmy Awards next month.
Jessica Lange has never been a person that I really look forward to seeing on the red carpet because she usually leaves me indifferent to her looks but I am still going to shoot out a wish for her for the 2013 Emmy Awards where she is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Mini-Series or Movie for he role in the FX mini series 'American Horror Story: Asylum.' This series keeps reinventing itself every season with a whole new story line and characters with just a few members of the cast transferring from season to season. Jessica has been one of those stars that has been with the series from the start. For the 2013 Emmy Awards I would love to see Jessica wear this sapphire blue Georges Hobeika Fall 2013 RTW long sleeved gown. Unlike Helen Mirren, at 64 Jessica likes to cover up on the red carpet and she tends to look pretty just not anything spectacular. A black clutch and a pair of black pumps would be the way that I finish this look off for Jessica for the 2013 Emmy Awards late next month.
The USA series 'Political Animals' ended up being a Mini-Series but it has still garnered star Sigourney Weaver a nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Mini-Series or Movie for her role in the series. For this red carpet I would love to see Mrs Weaver wear this Zac Posen Fall 2013 RTW burgundy gown. I think that this is just a simple and sophisticated look for the 63 year old actress. I do not know whether or not I would pair this dress with the cape or not just because I am not sure if its too gimmicky for Sigourney. Many of my long time readers will know that I LOVE a cape on a dress but I am leaning more towards removing it for this look. A dark metallic grey clutch and a pair of matching burgundy pumps would be the way to finish this look with maybe a few select Fred Leighton jewels around the wrist and maybe in the ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment