Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

2013 Emmy Awards: Oustanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series Wish List

Sometimes Amy Poehler isn't the most glamorous woman on the red carpet but she has had her moments and I am hoping that she has one of those moments on the red carpet at the 2013 Emmy Awards. Amy is once again nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for her role in 'Parks & Recreation.' I think that this bubblegum pick Badgley Mischka Resort 2014 simple gown with waist ruching and an embellished waist band. I think Amy is at her best when she wears something that isn't overworked and just a classic design. I think that this color would be the perfect way to infuse some modernity into the ensemble. A simple silver clutch and silver sandals as well as some select simple diamonds for her ears and wrist would complete this look for her for this years Emmy Awards.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus took home the 2012 Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for her HBO comedy 'VEEP' and is nominated again this year in the same category. At last years ceremony Julia wore a stunning maroon Vera Wang gown and looked the best that she ever had so I am wishing for the partnership to follow onto this years event. I think that this Vera Wang Spring 2014 Bridal mermaid gown with a floral pattern embroidery would be perfect for this event. I would change the gown from ivory to be a blue color so that the look doesn't come off as bridal but I love the shape for Julia. A black clutch, black sandals, and some simple diamond dazzlers would be the way to finish off this custom look.
Oh Lena Dunham what to do with you? I am NOT a fan of her style because she hasn't learned how to dress her body shape and its sad because I think if she could get it right that she would look beautiful. I think this blue ZAC Zac Posen Resort 2014 gown with a nipped waist and a hip peplum would look really elegant on Lena for the 2013 Emmy Awards. Keep the look simple with a black clutch, black pumps, and very simple jewelry and let Lena take some baby steps to making her way feeling more and more comfortable on the red carpet.
This year will be Tina Fey's sixth and final nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for her role as Liz Lemon in the hit NBC comedy '30 Rock,' which ended its run earlier this year. I think that for this years awards show that this black rise fall Marchesa Resort 2014 gown would be perfect for Tina. With newer shows like 'Girls' and 'VEEP' I think that Tina isn't in the main line to win unless they give her the award because of the shows finale. A simple black clutch and black sandals will give Tina an awards show worthy look but one that isn't the most visually interesting. I hope that the comedy ladies don't let me down and work the Emmy's red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment