Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

2012 Academy Awards Best Dressed

 I knew from the moment I saw a shot of the top half of Milla Jovovich, in this stunning white beaded Elie Saab Fall 2009 Couture gown, that she was going to be the number one on this list. You may ask me why, and the answer to that is quite simple. I fell in love with this stunning gown when it originally walked the runway back in July of 2009. I have been wishing for someone to wear it and I am extremely grateful to Milla for giving it a red carpet outing. She paired her gown with an Edie Parker clutch and Elie Saab shoes to make her my best dressed.
 This was the big shocker of the night. Stacy Keibler, George Clooney's plus one, walked the red carpet in a hot off the runway Marchesa Fall 2012 RTW gold gown with a draped shoulder and and a rose hip detail. Not many can make this type of lame fabric work but Stacy looks absolutely stunning in her gown.
 Penelope Cruz channeled the amazing women of Hollywood past wearing this grey blue Giorgio Armani ball gown. Penelope Cruz looked absolutely stunning in this gown which she paired with a clutch that matched her gown and some stunning Chopard jewels made this look stunning and this is got to be one of her best looks ever. I love her hair and her makeup.
 Gwyneth Paltrow looked 60s chic wearing this stunning custom white Tom Ford gown and cape. The first thing that I thought of was Jacqueline Kennedy at John Kennedy's inaugural ball. She also wore a white gown with a cape by an American designer. I love this look and think that as Gwyneth ages this is more of the look that she should go for instead of tummy bearing gowns as she looks so chic. Anna Hu jewels and Jimmy Choo shoes just add to the elegance and glamour of this look.
 The last time Meryl Streep won an Academy Award back in 1982 for 'Sophie's Choice' she wore a gold gown. And again when she wore a stunning custom gold Lanvin gown, Meryl accessorized with the perfect gold accessory a Best Actress Oscar for her role as Margret Thatcher in 'The Iron Lady.' I will say I half expected Meryl to wear a large satin ball gown with a large collar so when I saw  wearing this stunning gown I jumped for joy. The accessorized with on the red carpet included a Lanvin clutch, Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, and antique Fred Leighton jewels.
 As soon as I saw this stunning Louis Vuitton gown I will say that I did a little bit of a jump for joy as it is a huge relief that she looked absolutely amazing wearing a stunning gown. I was happy that Michelle's gown fit her body amazingly and was extremely well accessorized it will a Bottega Veneta clutch, Christian Louboutin shoes, and amazing Fred Leighton jewels.
 Emma Stone wowed wearing this fuchsia Giambattista Valli Spring 2012 Couture gown. There are bound to be lots of comparisons to a red Balenciaga gown that Nicole Kidman wore to the 2007 Oscars as they both had similar silhouettes and the big bow the the same side of the body. I will say that even when the gown walked the runway I saw the similarities but none the less Emma works this amazing gown with no abandon. Emma accessorized with Brian Atwood shoes, Louis Vuitton jewels and a clutch also by LV.
 Many will not know who Li Bingbing is or why she is on the red carpet. I can not answer either of those questions but when you look this good in a Georges Chakra Spring 2012 Couture gown on the Oscars red carpet. Well I am extremely excited to see this gown and it was absolutely stunning when it walked the runway and translated just as well to the red carpet. I will applaud Li for not lining the sheer aspects of the gown like one would expect for such a formal event. Regular readers might recall that I wished for Katy Perry to wear this to the Grammy Awards, but after seeing this I am extremely happy that she didn't as Li looks amazing.
Jessica Chastain looked absolutely amazing wearing this Alexander McQueen dress that was made from a compilation of looks from the Resort 2012 collection. I will sat that I am extremely surprised not to see Jessica in Armani Prive after the moment that she had with him on the day of the show and her nomination. I will say I expected something totally different from her and then when I saw this I was blown away. I have already had four people ask me where the could get this and were very disappointed that this was custom made for her. She topped her regal gown with two million dollars worth of Harry Winston diamond jewelry.
And last but not least we have Shailene Woodley wearing this stunning Valentino Spring 2012 Couture gown. Many will say that this gown is way to mature for her to wear but I will say that this is a gown that is completely in her style and I am super excited that she looks as good as she does. What earned her a spot on this list is that she actually embraced that fact that doing her hair and makeup are good things and not things that she has to fear. Shailene completed her best dressed ensemble with a Valentino clutch, Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, and Harry Winston jewels.

No comments:

Post a Comment