Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon Wish List

Every year everyone who is nominated for an Oscar gathers together in a room and has a lunch and there are publicity images taken, so these women nominated for their acting achievements need to look top notch. Berenice Bejo is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in the film 'The Artist.' I think that Berenice should wear this black Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2012 dress with a lace panel and a hip peplum. I think that this is such an elegant look and as Berenice is not the favorite to win she should be a little understated. A pair of strappy black Louboutin's would be the perfect top to this look.
Jessica Chastain has a love of white and I can not dock her for that as I think that it looks stunning on her with her red hair. I have chosen this white lace Marchesa Spring 2012 Bridal dress for this event. I think that it is elegant and refined perfect for a luncheon. I pair of silver heels, the hem slightly risen, and maybe a waist band along with a blue casual clutch would complete this look.
Michelle Williams is one of the three women that are nominated for Best Actress that people who are not sure who will win, the other two being Meryl Streep and Viola Davis. So I think that Michelle needs to make sure that she looks 100% on top of her game. Last year Michelle wore a black top and beige skirt from Chanel. This year I want her to wear this Jason Wu Spring 2012 RTW dress with a light grey top and pink peplum skirt. I think that this is an amazing look for Michelle and she would own this look like no other. A simple pair of silver peep toe pumps are all that is needed to complete this look.
Octavia Spencer will most likely attend the Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon wearing Tadashi Shoji who as dressed her all awards season. I am hoping to see her change it up for this event by wearing this stunning blue and purple print Zac Posen dress. I think that this dress would look stunning on Octavia as the colors are all colors that she has worn in the past month during her awards season run. I would pair this look with her hair worn down with waves and a pair of nude pumps would make this look perfect for the occasion.
Rooney Mara is probably the only actress of all of these is probably the only one of them that could get away with wearing couture to a Luncheon. I would love to see the stunning actress wear this ruffled Chanel Fall 2011 Couture black dress for this event. I think that this is the perfect choice for her and if she doesn't wear it to the Luncheon that maybe she will wear it at one of the Pre-Oscar parties or Post-Oscar bashes. Just a cute pair of simple black sandals would be all that Rooney needs to complete this look.
Viola Davis is my pick for Best Actress for her role in 'The Help' which was an absolutely amazing film and I truly do wish that she picks up her little gold man on February 26th. So for the nominees luncheon I would recommend that she wear this stunting grape purple Angel Sanchez Spring 2012 RTW dress. If she does wear this it may be a little to formal for the event and to tone it down I would just have her put on a black blazer and pair the dress with some black strappy sandals to complete this award winning look.

No comments:

Post a Comment