Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

2012 BAFTA Awards Wish List

Berenice Bejo has worn both Elie Saab and Gucci couture this awards season as well as a gown by Ralph Lauren. For the 2012 BAFTA Awards (which are the British version of the Oscars) I would like Berenice to add another notch to her couture belt by wearing this stunning metallic silver Atelier Versace archive gown from the Fall 2009 Couture collection. I think that this silver lame gown with bodice details would look absolutely stunning on her and the color would be divine. I would pair this look with a silver Swarovski clutch a pair of silver sandals and some amazing diamond earrings and a cuff from Chopard. Why did I pick those specific brands for her accessories? Well she has consistently worked with the PR firm Film Fashion to get all of her accessories and these are the brands she tends to favor. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, like she has already stated that she will wear Elie Saab couture for the Oscars as he has been the one to lend to her when no one knew her name yet.
Carey Mulligan is one of the people I always look forward to seeing on the red carpet as she always brings her A-game. For the 2012 BAFTA Awards I would love to see Carey wear this red Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2012 gown with a lace top and a thigh high slit. I think that this is a little step out of what Carey usually wears by adding the slit but I think that as she has been taking risks lately that she just might. Two years ago Carey donned a dress with a similar top by Elie Saab for a red carpet appearance and she looked great so I think that this dress would look absolutely stunning on her. A red box clutch and red sandals are all that are needed to complete this stunning ensemble.
Jessica Chastain is a girl who I really wish I could get my hands on as she almost gets it right on the red carpet but still needs a little help. The red headed actress who really made her red carpet fashion debut last year at the Cannes Film Festival premiere of her film 'The Tree of Life' wearing a bright yellow Zac Posen gown still has a way to go before I really regard her as a fashion favorite but with her able to get brands like Armani Prive, Elie Saab Couture, and Givenchy Couture I feel she has potential she just needs to let another gay or two into her life (I will sacrifice myself to her to help LOL). Anyway for the 2012 BAFTA Awards I would like to see Jessica wear this stunning bronze embellished Givenchy Spring 2012 Couture gown. I think that the brownish bronze colored gown would look stunning on Jessica with her pale skin and red hair. It is sometimes hard to tell what color her hair is exactly as it seems to change shade every so often. I am pleading her to add a bronze box clutch and some bronze strappy sandals to this dress and that is all she would need.
I find it really hard to make wishes for Meryl Streep as she usually doesn't dress for her body type and her choices usually make her look larger than she is. For the 2012 BAFTA Awards I would like to see Meryl wear this dark dusty blue embellished Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2012 gown. This gown only has one of the Meryl requirements as it has sleeves but that is the only thing I am willing to give to her. She needs to learn that figure hugging dresses are not something that older women need to fear. Helen Mirren who is 66 to Meryl's 62 steps out in cleavage bearing, one shoulder, form fitting gowns all the time so I do not understand what the issue is. Meryl just wear the damn dress and make me happy.
Now Michelle Williams I am super excited to see as she usually fulfills my lust for Chanel and that is exactly what I am wishing for her to do here. I think that this navy and dark blue sequin gown is something that Michelle Williams would just die over to wear. This gown is something that is age appropriate and classic yet still fun (unlike her Golden Globes dress that was old and dowdy). All she would need to complete this look is a pair of navy peep-toe pumps and a simple navy clutch. Some diamond and sapphire jewelry might be nice but is not required.
I have no doubts in my mind that Octavia Spencer is going to don another one of the amazing gowns by Tadashi Shoji for the 2012 BAFTA Awards. You wanna talk about not biting the hand that feeds you, Octavia has worn Tadashi to almost all events this awards season including the Golden Globes, SAG's, AFI Awards, and the Directors Guild Awards. Also on Monday whilst at the Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon, when asked if she had picked out her Oscar dress yet she said that she didn't have the gown yet but that she was most definitely wearing Tadashi Shoji as he has been so kind in dressing her. Well I think that this chartreuse one shouldered draped gown from the Spring 2012 RTW collection would be a great choice for Octavia to wear for the BAFTA Awards and with a pair of gold strappy sandals, a gold crystal embellished clutch, and some amazing gold and diamond drop earrings she could easily be made into one of the best dressed stars of the night.
I absolutely adore Tilda Swinton's red carpet style, she is so androgynous that she can wear a lot of the more interesting looks and designers; such as Hadier Ackerman, Jil Sander, and Lanvin. For the 2012 BAFTA Awards I would like to see Tilda wear this amazing cream with gold detail Stephane Rolland Spring 2012 Couture gown. I think that Tilda would look remarkable in this dress that on most I believe would just fall flat, and on her it would shine brighter than it did on the model. Her hair styled in a pompadour style and some gold sandals would be all that is needed to finish this look, she might be able to get away with adding a clutch but I am not sure that it is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment