Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Cannes Film Festival: 'On The Road' Premiere

The 'On The Road' premiere at the Cannes Film Festival has the potential to be one of the most glamorous premieres of the festival because of the caliber of celebrity in the film. Amy Adams is one of the ladies who graces the screen in this film. I will say the I had originally had a different wish for Amy for this premiere but she ended up wearing that gown (yes the one I picked) at the Met Ball (she is pictured left in the gown). So I had to decide on another gown for her. Well after looking at many options I decided on this purple, black, and white printed Giambasttista Valli Spring 2012 Couture gown. Now yes the gown she wore for the Met Ball was also from the same collection so who knows if she will wear another creation from this collection, but I hope she does as she always looks stunning in purple and this would look amazing on her. Add a black clutch, black strappy sandals, and some amazing diamond earrings and this look would be complete.
Elisabeth Moss is another member of the cast of this film. Elisabeth has a love for all things Donna Karan on the red carpet and they usually make amazing magic together. I think that for Elisabeth's Cannes debut that this blue Donna Karan Pre-Fall 2012 gown is absolutely perfect. Cannes is a place where glamour is required and drama is optional and this gown is both glamorous and dramatic. The only thing I would change about it is to smooth out the flare at the breasts, its not flattering on anyone. Pair this with a match crystal encrusted clutch, peep toe pumps, and some amazing diamond jewelry and Elisabeth would look amazing and red carpet ready.
Kirsten Dunst is one that I am sure will bring high fashion glamour to the red carpet at this premiere. The actress who has never turned down a Cannes Film Festival red carpet before and tends to favor Dior, Chanel, and Rodarte for these major events should snatch this blue Christian Dior Fall 2012 RTW gown off the runway. But before she makes her red carpet appearance I would have the black yoke removed so it is just one shouldered. Add a silver clutch, silver strappy sandals, an amazing pair of diamond chandelier earrings, and a statement cuff would complete this absolutely stunning ensemble.
Kristen Stewart is finally learning how to walk the red carpet without looking absolutely horrible or awkward. I hope she puts on her biggest big girl panties for when she steps on to the Cannes Film Festival for the first time this year to support 'On The Road.' Kristen is a huge fan of Chanel so it would not surprise me if she chooses a gown from the designer for the red carpet, in fact I would be shocked if she wore anyone else besides Balenciaga (only because she is the face of Balenciaga's newest fragrance.) I would choose to put Kristen in this blue and gold Chanel Fall 2009 Couture peplum gown. I have a small reservation about this just because she doesn't have the track record to prove that she could pull off such a couture gown. just a pair of gold peep toe pumps and her hair pulled back are what I recommend so that she doesn't over kill this look,
And of course we have the wish for judge Diane Kruger. Diane is really going to make the festival for me I just know it. For this premiere I would love to see Diane work this simple black on sequined pattern long sleeve Emilio Pucci Fall 2012 RTW gown. I think that this is something that Diane would make look even more grand than it already is (much like the gold Calvin Klein she wore to the 'Sleeping Beauty' Cannes premiere, pictured left above.) I would just add a simple black clutch, black strappy sandals, drop emerald earrings, and an emerald cocktail ring and she would look absolutely amazing whilst doing her jury duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment