Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cannes Film Festival: Opening Ceremony Gala Screening of 'Moonrise Kingdom'

The opening ceremony of the Cannes Film Festival brings together actors, actresses, brand ambassadors, mistresses of ceremony. judges, and many more. Berenice Bejo who was nominated for an Oscar for her role in the Best Picture winning film (which won Best Picture last year at Cannes) will be acting as this years Mistress of Ceremonies, whose job it is to host the Opening and Closing ceremonies. For her duties at the opening ceremonies I would love to see the actress wear this black embellished Elie Saab Spring 2011 Couture gown. It is not secret that Berenice loves her some Elie wearing him exclusively whiles promoting 'The Artist' last year and a handful of times during awards season including to the Oscars. I think that this gown would be stunning on the actress who should wear her hair up and will undoubtedly pair her look with Chopard (a sponsor of the festival) diamond earrings and then add a pair of black peep toe pumps.
Diane Kruger will also be on hand at this event as she is the token red carpet diva judge at this year (an honor bestowed upon Uma Thurman in 2011, Kate Beckinsale in 2010, and Asia Argento, Shu Qi, and Robin Wright in 2009) and she has some big shoes to fill, that I am sure she is only going to make larger. I would love to see Diane don this purple Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2011 Couture gown for this event. Gaultier himself is a judge so I would not be surprised to see many of his creations on the red carpet throughout the festival and I am sure Diane will wear at least one gown by him. Pair this with a black crystal encrusted clutch, black strappy sandals, statement earrings, and a diamond bracelet and she will be best dressed.
I had to make a wish for Tilda, I mean she is the star of the film that is being shown during the opening ceremony. I crisscrossed between many gowns from great designers such as Alexander McQueen, Giambattista Valli, and Versace but I ultimately decided upon this tuxedo inspired Stephane Rolland Fall 2011 Couture jacket and skirt ensemble. There are only two women in the world who I think are daring enough to make this look work for them Tilda is one the other is Lady Gaga. I am hoping that Tilda makes use of this for a premiere before it is subjected to become runway to sidewalk wear on Lady Gaga. Tilda should wear this with a pair of bright shoes that match the stitching in an Olympia Le-Tan book clutch (which Tilda is a huge fan of) and a pair of dazzling diamond earrings.

On a side note I am sure that Salma Hayek will attend the opening ceremony she always does but I can not make a wish for her as I am 100% positive that she will wear a custom creation by Gucci Premiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment