Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

2012 ALMA Awards Nominees Wish List

The ALMA Awards celebrates success in Television, Film, and Music. Jennifer Lopez is nominated for her work on American Idol and for her music and I am hoping to see her take a break from her tour for this event and walk the red carpet for this event. Jennifer Lopez has almost exclusively  worn Zuhair Murad for almost all her non-American Idol public appearances this year as well as they exclusively designed all the looks for her tour. So I would not be surprised to see Jenny wear another Zuhair gown for the ALMA Awards. I think that this gold lame Zuhair Murad Resort 2013 gown would be amazing for Jenny. It is not the embellished with crystal, sequins, or feathers look that she tends to grab from them but the gown still shines. Add a pair of gold and black Gucci sandals and a gold clutch and she is red carpet ready.
When it comes to the red carpet Jessica Alba is either a hit or a miss and this year she has really been a hit wearing amazing looks by Gucci, Chanel, Michael Kors, Lanvin, and Versace. I would like to see Jess keep up the great work by wearing this minimalist red and black color-blocked gown from the Narciso Rodriguez Resort 2013 collection with spaghetti straps and side cutouts. I think that this is something that would look absolutely amazing in this modernist gown. Add a black clutch and a black strappy sandals would complete this amazing simple ensemble.
When Naya Rivera first started making red carpet appearances I couldn't even look at her because her outfits were excruciatingly painful, I mean who can forget the can-can streetwalkers quinceanera gown she wore for the 2010 Emmy Awards with the Charo bun? Well since then Naya has really started to wow on the red carpet wearing much more demure and elegant ensembles. One designer that she has discovered is Naeem Khan, who has dressed the 'Glee' star many times this year. I think that for the 2012 ALMA Awards I would love to see Naya wear this black beaded Naeem Khan Pre-Fall 2012 gown with a draped back. I think that this is just elegant and sophisticated. Add some amazing splashes of color via of some amazing earring and a clutch an some black strappy sandals.
Selena Gomez is wearing a lot of things lately that are making me question what Justin Beiber is doing to her head. I miss the Selena that gave cute but sophisticated looks not hot pants and bandeau tops. She is nominated for her role in the film 'Monte Carlo' and I am hoping that she revisits youthful and cute for this red carpet with this amazing hot pink Valentino Resort 2013 gown. I think that the simplicity and the cut of this dress as well as the color that make this the perfect youthful choice for the star. Add a hot pink clutch and gold strappy sandals and this look is complete.
Sofia Vergara is an amazing red carpet DIVA, well I don't know if I could say DIVA as she really only sticks to a few designers such as Vera Wang, Carolina Herrera, and Marchesa for all her red carpet appearances. Well it has been a while since the sexy voluptuous Colombian actress has worn a gown by Carolina Herrera so I would love to see her wear this dusty purple-ly silver Fall 2012 RTW gown by the designer. I think that the column style of this gown, the neck line, the waistband, and the color would be perfect for Sofia. A gunmetal clutch, sandals, and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry will pull this sultry and sophisticated ensemble.
Last but not least we have probably my favorite wish. Zoe Saldana always wow's me when she dons a gown on the red carpet. For the 2012 ALMA Awards I would love to see her wear this lime green accented black halter gown with side cutouts from the Giorgio Armani Prive Spring 2012 Couture collection but was shown as an added bonus when he had a fashion event in Beijing this past May. I think that this gown would be an amazing choice for Zoe who will make this look shine. I would add a pair of black pumps and the matching lime green clutch will finish off this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment