Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

2012 Emmy Awards: Comedy Actress Nominees

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy nominee Amy Poehler who stars in the hit comedy show Parks and Recreation does not tend to hit the red carpet high notes. Well here at If I Was A Stylist I would like to change that and I would do so by handing her this amazing orange Georges Hobeika Fall 2012 RTW gown. I think that this gown with a sequined top and chiffon skirt would make the actress look elegant as long as she has the right size top because her gowns tend to be to tight on the top. Add a gold clutch and some gold pumps and this look will be make perfect for the red carpet.
Edie Falco is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy for her work as the title character in Nurse Jackie. Depending on her red carpet outing Edie either is best dressed or worst dressed there is no in between. I think that this red Romona Kevesa Fall 2012 RTW long sleeved asymmetrical gown would look amazing on the star. I think that the gown is out of Edie's comfort zone of grey and black but would be a great choice. A pair of silver strappy sandals, a black clutch, and some amazing jewels this look is now red carpet ready.
HBO's new hit show 'VEEP' about a fictional female Vice President of the United States is where Julia Louise-Dreyfus gets her nomination from. This amazing grape colored Diane von Furstenberg Fall 2012 RTW draped halter neck gown. Julia usually only wears Narciso Rodriguez gowns on the red carpet should open her horizons to other gowns because if this nomination means anything to next years awards season I do not want to keep seeing these Narciso gowns on her on the carpet. I think that this color would look amazing on Julia. Add a gold bejeweled clutch and some gold pumps will make this look simple and chic.
 I think that Kristen Wiig will win the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy for all of her ensemble work on the classic sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live because the star just announced her retirement from the show. I think that this black Bibhu Mohapatra Resort 2013 gown with lace inserts would just hug Kristen's body. We have really seen Kristen evolve on the red carpet this year. Starting with a really bad Bill Blass nude gown at the Golden Globe awards to her stunning orange lace Stella McCartney full skirted 50's inspired cocktail dress at the Met Ball. I think that even though this is a black look that it has the potential to be Kristen's best look of the year. Add an emerald clutch, black pumps, and some amazing emerald and diamond earrings and this look would have a huge impact on the red carpet for just another black gown.
I have no real idea of who Lena Dunham is but I know she is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy thanks to her HBO show 'Girls'. At the Met Ball Lena wore an emerald green 60's inspired Stella McCartney gown that she brilliantly accessorized with bubblegum pink pumps and a black clutch. Well I would like to see Lena wear this amazing toffee/taupe Carmen Marc Valvo Fall 2012 RTW gown which instead of making her look short and dumpy like her McCartney gown, I believe would elongate her frame. I would add a Donna Karan Spring 2012 wood grain clutch and a pair of gold heel nude Lanvin Spring 2012 heels.
Tina Fey is ALWAYS nominated for an award for her role of Liz Lemon on the NBC comedy '30 Rock.' I am not sure why as I personally feel that there are far better and funnier actresses on the big screen. Well regardless of my feelings I think that Tina should once again find friends with Oscar de la Renta and wear this stunning red asymmetrical gown with a silver waist band for this years awards. I think that this gown would elongate Tina's short stature whilst giving the fashion world something to actually be interested in. A silver sandal and a silver clutch will leave fashionista's everywhere with their jaws dropped.
And last but certainly not least we have Zooey Deschanel who over the past year has really started to capture my attention with some amazing looks. Zooey is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy for her character Jess on the hit show, 'New Girl.' I think for this years awards I would love to see Zooey wear this silver jacquard Andrew Gn Resort 2013 ball gown because it really is a Zooey type of gown. Add a silver clutch and some silver pumps to complete the ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment