Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Spring 2013 Fashion Week Wish List for Anna Wintour

In just under a month on September 6th New York Fashion Week kicks off a month long celebration of the Spring 2013 Ready-To-Wear (RTW) runway collections. The person that is in the front row of each and every single one of the major shows from Ralph Lauren and Dior to Prada and Chanel is the queen of the fashion industry, the editor-in-chief of American Vogue, Anna Wintour. I have compiled a few looks that I could see her wearing whilst attending these shows. I am sure that all these looks will be paired with three things large sunglasses, beaded necklaces, and Anna's shoe obsession the Manolo Blahnik 'AW' nude slingback sandals. The first wish I have is for Anna to wear this navy blue with a black lace print Celine Resort 2013 coat paired with this black and blue striped Carolina Herrera Fall 2012 RTW cap sleeve dress. I think that this is a typical Anna look and could seeing her wearing this to any other show but Celine and Carolina Herrera. 
Next up I have paired a stunning ivory Giambatistta Valli Spring 2012 couture flower embellished coat with a stunning green and lilac Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013 dress. The coat is not necessarily 100% Anna but paired with the Oscar dress which I am almost positive that Anna will own if she didn't grab the runway sample.
Following that I have a white and rust Carolina Herrera Resort 2013 tweed coat that I have ever so boldly paired with a black and white geometric Marni Resort 2013 dress that has a slight neck detail. I can see Anna walking into Bergdorf's and picking both of these items off the rack and running away to find her seat at the next show.
I love this stunning structured Oscar de la Renta Fall 2012 RTW and think that it is a great choice for Fashion Month this September and can see Anna pulling this one out a few times during the course of the four fashion weeks.
Now this is just a look that I would like to see Anna wear even if she doesn't for this fashion week maybe for Couture in January or for the next fashion month next February/March. Now this is kinda a stretch as it is very rarely that Anna wears the same designer unless that designer is Marni, Prada, or Chanel unless she is just wearing a simple dress but I think that this blush fur collared black coat and ivory flapper dress from Nina Ricci Fall 2012 RTW would look amazing together on Anna.
I could not post anything about Anna's personal style without showing at least one Prada item which is this grey and white Prada Resort 2013 coat that I have paired with this blue broach print Oscar de la Renta Fall 2012 RTW sheath. Of the things shown on the Prada Fall/Resort runways this is the only piece that I could see Anna wearing straight off the runway and I love it paired with the Oscar dress. As they say, 'The Devil Wears Prada.'
And finally we have a stunning pink Chanel Fall 2012 Couture classic tweed suit with a cropped sleeve bolero jacket and a dress with a slight flare at the hem. Anna wears Chanel almost regularly and I think that this amazing pink creation would be a great addition to her closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment