Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

2012 Toronto Film Festival: Premiere Wish List Part Six

'Twice Born' is the film that Penelope Cruz will be promoting at this year's Toronto Film Festival. Penelope has a great relationship with Giorgio Armani having worn gowns by the designer many times on the red carpet most recently in a custom Grace Kelly inspired gown at this year's academy awards. For her premiere I would love to see her wear this lavender Armani Prive Fall 2012 Couture pencil cocktail dress. I would have this made into a simple strapless cocktail dress with the half moon neckline. Add a silver Marchesa crystal beaded clutch and some silver peep toe pumps as well as some amazing earrings by Chopard to complete the ensemble.
Jennifer Connelly is a huge fan of Balenciaga and I am hoping to see her wear the brand for the 2012 Toronto Film Festival premiere of her film 'Writers.' I think that this white column gown with heart cut outs on the bodice would be an amazing choice for the actress. She has not worn the brand since she reappeared after her hiatus from having a baby. I think that this gown is modern and elegant but simple enough for a premiere at the Toronto Film Festival. Complete this look with a white and gold Jimmy Choo tube clutch, gold Jimmy Choo sandals, and maybe a gold clutch.
Kristen Bell is one that I am sure will come out for the 2012 Toronto Film Festival because it is not often that the actress will have the chance to attend one of these coveted red carpets. I think that for the premiere of her film 'Writers' that this hot pink one shouldered Monique Lhuillier Resort 2013 gown would be absolutely perfect. Kristen is not one of those stars that is not afraid of bold color on the red carpet so I think that this is a great option for the star. Add a pair of silver Jimmy Choo 'Lance' Sandals and then a hot pink clutch and some amazing earrings would complete this look for Kristen to make best dressed.
Lily Collins has not wowed me this year, yes she has has some pretty looks, but I am expecting more from the 23 year old actress. I am hoping that she does wow me at the Toronto Film Festival premiere of 'Writers' and I think that this yellow brocade Valentino Fall 2012 Couture (not RTW) long sleeved gown. I think that this would look amazing on Lily in a 60's inspired type of look with the much coveted Givenchy spring 2012 nude sandals and then a yellow clutch as well as some sleek modern locks. This completes all the Toronto Film Festival predictions.

4 comments:

  1. I feel like some of these choices are a little to formal for Toronto, stars usually don't opt for gowns or couture dresses at this festival, it's a little more laid back compared to Venice or Cannes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that but then looked at who I was showing gowns on here and really thought that for a film festival some don't often get the opportunity to attend and can see them going bigger for Toronto than most normally would I.E. Kristen Bell

      Delete
  2. I do love all the choices though!

    ReplyDelete