Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

2012 Toronto Film Festival: Premiere Wish List Part Four

Emily Blunt is usually one of my favorites on the red carpet but as of lately I have to say that the star has not been wowing me. I am hoping that at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of her new film 'Looper' that she will make me fall in love with her again. I think that this structured teal Andrew Gn Resort 2013 cocktail dress that has strappy shoulders and a matching built in belt would be amazing for Emily. I think that the color would look amazing with her skin tone and hair color as well as the shape of the dress with only enhance Emily's toned figure. Add a gold glitter clutch and some nude strappy sandals and this looks is on its way to making the best dressed list.
Of course I want Christian Dior brand ambassador Marion Cotillard to wear a Christian Dior Haute Couture ensemble for the Toronto Film Festival Premiere of her film 'Rust & Bone.' After wearing a stunning nude Dior Fall 2012 RTW ensemble for the photocall and a custom couture ball gown for the premiere of this film at the Cannes Film Festival and already having worn a look from this Fall 2012 Couture collection for the London premiere of 'The Dark Knight Rises,' I think that it is in the bag that she will wear the brand for this premiere. I would love to see the stunning French actress wear this magenta bustier 'gown' top paired with black pants for the premiere. I think that this is quite the modern take on a gown as when you take your hands out of the pockets it looks like a gown but the black tapered tuxedo pants still peep through the sky high slit. I would keep this look simple by just pairing the look with a black Dior clutch and some black Christian Louboutin peep toes and then the vintage inspired curly faux bob that Marion sports so often to complete the look.
Jennifer Lawrence will be in the Canadian city with Bradley Cooper to promote their new film 'Silver Linings Playbook.' Jennifer took to the front row of Raf Simons debut at Christian Dior Haute Couture back in July so it will not surprise me if the young star wears a look from the much anticipated collection which has already had several red carpet outings on the likes of Rachel Wiesz, Jessica Biel (which I wish I could forget about), and of course as already mentioned Marion Cotillard. I think that for this event that this black strapless tulle tea length dress with embellished royal blue polka dots would be perfect. The dress does so much talking that all I would do is pair this look with black peep toe Jimmy Choo pumps and maybe some simple diamond accessories in the ear and on the wrist.
Gwyneth Paltrow has had a great year fashion wise from her Stella McCartney gown with the side cutouts at the Grammy Awards to the white caped Tom Ford gown at the Oscars to her micro mini Prada at the Met Gala the star has had an amazing run that I hope continues at the 'Thanks For Sharing' Toronto Film Festival premiere. One brand that Gwynie favors that has yet to make my best dressed list with her in it is Lanvin so I think that this embellished Lanvin Fall 2012 RTW dress would be perfect for her to wear for this premiere. I would have this dress shortened just a bit to show of Gwyneth's amazing legs and pair the dress with the same Prada pumps that she donned at the Met Gala (pictured left) and just a sleek pulled back hairstyle and she has hope to make the best dressed list yet again.
Emma Watson is definitely one to watch at the Toronto Film Festival because she is such a young fashion plate. I have chosen to go a little down the side of shtick by choosing this embellished floral Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013 dress for the premiere of her new film 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower.' Many will not agree because they will think that the idea of this dress is too tacky for a premiere for this film , but I would let those comments slide off my back because I stand behind this dress for Emma. I think that this is the cutesy dress that Emma loves and we have not seen her wear an Oscar dress since the 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2' London Premiere in July of last year, so I think its time to bring Oscar back. To finish this look I would add a gold glitter clutch and some pink strappy sandals just to add another pop of color.
Also in 'Perks of Being a Wallflower' is 'Vampire Diaries' star Nina Dobrev. Nina has really started to gain her red carpet footing in the past year with the discovery of designers like Donna Karan, Monique Lhuillier, J. Mendel, and Elie Saab. For this premiere I would love to see Nina wear this purple Elie Saab Resort 2013 dress with a flounce hem. I think that this color would look amazing on Nina's tanned skin tone and the shape would just hug all of her curves. Finish this look with the runway shoes and then a black clutch with gold details and this look is done and red carpet ready.

2 comments:

  1. Can you do a wish list for Selena Gomez at The 2012 Toronto International Film Festival ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have something in the works keep checking back!

      Delete