Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2015

2015 Gotham Independent Film Awards Red Carpet Wish List

Brie Larson is most likely going to be working the red carpets from the Gotham Independent Film Awards tomorrow night all the way to the Oscars at the end of February thanks to her performance in the film Room. I have slowly been getting into Brie's style as she has been trying to find her style over the past year and she has been killing the red carpets lately. For tomorrow nights Gotham Independent Film Awards, where Brie is nominated for Best Actress, I would love to see her wearing this black leather Alexander McQueen Resort 2016 floral embroidered sleeveless a-line dress. Gotham is usually a more laid back awards show, so no big gowns needed. This is a pretty dress and I think quite event appropriate. I would style this look with a pair of red pumps to just take this look to another level and ensure that Brie keeps going things great on her Oscar campaign.
Queen Cate seems to have lost her crown recently as she has not been giving me WOW moment after WOW moment and I am hoping that as she kicks off awards season that she will be back on point. Tomorrow night's Gotham Independent Film Awards, where Cate is nominated for Best Actress thanks to her performance in Carol, that she makes a major impact. Cate has been experimenting with different types of looks and I really want her to just go back to the old Hollywood glamour with a twist that made me fall in love with her. I picked this Marc Jacobs Spring 2016 RTW ensemble which consists of a three quarter length sleeve embroidered jacket paired with silk pants. This is a different look for Cate but still along that classic style that she would go for. I am hoping that she really gives me something that I can say WOW to tomorrow. Finish the look with a red lip, black Louboutin pumps, wavy faux bob, and diamond cluster earrings to ensure that this look is styled to perfection.
Helen Mirren is being honored tomorrow night with a Tribute Award at the Gotham Independent Film Awards. Helen will either wear Dolce & Gabbana or Badgley Mischka and I am guessing it is going to be the former, I am just hoping that it isn't another lace or floral dress as I am really getting tired of seeing Helen in those Dolce looks. I picked this Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2016 RTW dress which features a full skirted 50's silhouette and a mikado brushstroke print. This is a look that Helen has done before but with a new print which would make it less deja vu than any other look that she could pull from this collection. Finishing the look with a pair of gold pumps and a red lip will keep that pretty 50's vibe that this dress commands.
Kristen Wiig is also nominated for Best Actress tomorrow at the Gotham Independent Film Awards and I am intrigued to see what she is going to wear. Kirsten is one that I can never really predict what she is going to show up in. At the gala premiere of The Martian at the New York Film Festival Kristen shocked me wearing an Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 RTW strapless cocktail dress with a plunging neckline that I never would have even predicted that she would wear and rocked it. I am hoping that tomorrow she keeps up her good work on the red carpet. I picked this black Michael Kors Spring 2016 RTW metal grommet embellished cocktail dress. Some might think that this look is too casual for an awards show but I think that this is something that Kirsten would make look more formal than it actually is. A lot of the classing up would come through the styling. I would add a pair of black Saint Laurent sandals, a black and silver Edie Parker confetti clutch, sleek hair, and a red lip will ensure that Kristen actually gives me a beautiful look on the red carpet.
Rachel McAdams might not be nominated tomorrow at the Gotham Independent Film Awards but since her film Spotlight is nominated for Best Picture she might show up. Rachel has been having a pretty good year this year on the red carpet after letting me fall out of love with her red carpet decisions. I think I would literally die if Rachel showed up tomorrow night in this Oscar de la Renta Spring 2015 RTW sheath silhouette dress with an allover floral print, a defined contrasting waist, and a pencil skirt. I love the vintage and Spanish inspired elements of this dress and just how ladylike it would actually make this a major moment on the red carpet. I would finish this look off with a black box clutch, a pair of yellow pumps, and pink lip to just punch the look up just that much more. 

I am currently looking for feedback from my readers if you wouldn't mind taking a quick six question survey I would be greatly appreciative of that, you can take it by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment