Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"The Color Purple" Broadway Opening Night Red Carpet Wish List

Jennifer Hudson has been slowly getting back to her best. Her red carpet career started rocky and then she lost a ton of weight thanks to Weight Watchers and was working a lot of fabulous creations and last year I was starting to question a lot of her sartorial decisions but this year JHud has been rocking the red carpets like they owe her back rent. Jennifer is staring in the Broadway revival of The Color Purple, which is in previews right now, and will officially open on December 10, 2015. I am excited to see what the stars will wear on the red carpet which will either be before the performance or for a party afterwards. Jennifer has been giving glamorous yet edgy looks and I would love to see her wearing this sleek Zuhair Murad Resort 2016 long sleeved hot pink jumpsuit which features thin lace cutouts and plunging neckline. After being in period costume for the show I can picture Jennifer wanting to wear something very sleek and modern which this jumpsuit definitely is. Keeping the look sleek I would recommend that Jennifer wear the runways hot pink sandals, despite the frigid temperatures on New York City in December, adding a hot pink lip and edgy earcuff will just be the cherries on top of this perfect red carpet ensemble.
Danielle Brooks, of Orange is the New Black, fame is also amongst the top billed cast making her Broadway debut in the role of Sofia in The Color Purple. I am hoping that Danielle continues to show her amazing red carpet style on the red carpet at the shows opening night. Danielle has been championing style for bigger women since she stepped out on the scene (I even included her in my Top 10 from the 2015 Emmy Awards) and I am extremely excited to see what she will wear on this red carpet. I picked this cream Badgley Mischka Spring 2016 RTW halter neck gown with silver foil leaf detailing with silver beading on the halter neck and waist. I don't think Danielle has had a princess moment on the red carpet and what a better time for it than for her Broadway debut. A chic curly updo, fresh faced makeup, a pair of silver sandals, and a silver clutch would finish this look off absolutely perfect for this red carpet.
Oprah is sure to be in attendance on opening night of the Broadway revival of The Color Purple since she is a main producer of the show. Oprah has been closely involved with the story since the beginning staring in the film adaptation of the novel and then being a producer of the original Broadway incarnation. Oprah can be very hit or miss for me on the red carpet, a lot of time that I think that she picks looks that are too much fabric over her. With that in mind I am picking this high impact electric blue Marchesa Notte Spring 2016 RTW off the shoulder lace gown. I think that Oprah would look amazing in this chic simplistic silhouette as it is just enough without being over the top, she is not the star of the show but is high profile enough to warrant a major moment. Paired with her giant pear shaped diamond earrings and a pair of navy satin pumps Oprah will have a beautiful red carpet moment at the Broadway opening night of The Color Purple. 

I am currently looking for feedback from my readers if you wouldn't mind taking a quick six question survey I would be greatly appreciative of that, you can take it by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment