Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

2014 BAFTA Awards: Emma Thompson & Jennifer Lawrence Wish List

I had such high expectations for Emma Thompson during awards season after her wonderful run promoting 'Saving Mr. Banks' at the end of last year, but she has consistently made my worst dressed list awards show after awards show. I am hoping that when she takes to the red carpet at the 2014 BAFTA Awards where she is nominated for Best Leading Actress for 'Saving Mr. Banks' that she will give the the major red carpet moment that I have been praying for. I think that this very 1960's style Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2014 RTW gown with beaded empire waist detailing would be a perfect choice for Emma to make to redeem herself back on home soil. At other awards shows Emma has constantly complained how bad her Louboutin heels have ruined the night and because of that she opted for flat Louboutin sandals at the SAG Awards. I figure she will wear another pair of flats for the BAFTA Awards and my choice are a pair of gold Christian Louboutin pointed toe 'Pigalle' flats. Add a gold clutch, simple jewels, and a chiffon wrap to match the color of the gown and Emma will finally have a look that I love for her for the BAFTA red carpet.
Unlike Emma, Jennifer Lawrence made my Best Dressed List at the 2014 SAG Awards in her navy blue sequined Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture column gown. This was Jennifer's best Christian Dior look EVER! She looked so tall, chic, elegant, and edgy all at the same time. I am sure that Jennifer will don another Dior look for the BAFTA Awards. I am also guessing that this red carpet ensemble will come courtesy of the Christian Dior Spring 2014 Couture collection. I think that this black and white mermaid gown is exactly what she will need to keep the Best Dressed in Dior roll going. This gown has a similar shape to her SAG dress but with slight differences and I am hoping that it would have the same effect of making her look amazonian tall. I would complete this look with a purple clutch (for a pop of color), a pair of black pumps, and some stunning jewels with amethysts and diamonds in her ears and on her wrist to complete this amazing ensemble for Jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment