Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Runway Report: Valentino Spring 2014 Couture

I watched the Valentino Spring 2014 Couture collection take to the runway via a live stream from my dorm room in Florida on Wednesday, and I sat on the edge of my seat for the entire show as I was extremely impressed from the first musical note embroidered look out to the final sheer tulle ballgown with a tiger motif on the bottom. Each of the 55 looks in the collection corresponded to a different opera with the theme of embodying the protagonist, butterflies, and a color palate that wouldn't look out of place in a mossy Scottish forest in the summer. Florence Welch, Olga Kurylenko, Clotilde Courau sat front row taking in the stunning couture collection. I am hoping to see this collection on the likes of Zooey Deschanel, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Cate Blanchett, Tilda Swinton, Elizabeth Olsen, Keira Knightley, Amy Adams, Jessica Chastain, Berenice Bejo, Lupita Nyong'o, Diane Kruger, Paz Vega, and Naomie Harris. Bellow are my 4 favorite looks from this collection and then a video of the runway show at the bottom. What do you think about this collection? Haute? Red Carpet Ready? Fugly?


No comments:

Post a Comment