Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Runway Report: Georges Hobeika Spring 2014 Couture

Georges Hobeika is a designer that I show a lot of love for on this site because his press office has always been so lovely and willing to help me out and in fact they got me all the images from the runway for this post within hours of the show on Tuesday, and for that I thank them! A delicate airy garden was the look that Georges Hobeika was going for in his Spring 2014 Couture collection and I do think that he really achieved this because even his most structured of looks really seemed light and airy. It was like watching nature come to life on the verge of a bight dewy spring morning, With a color palate of pastel powder pink, lemon yellow, peach, pistachio, white, and lilac there was not a heavy dark look in the bunch. This is exactly what I want to see in a spring couture collection. None of the looks here would look out of place at an extravagant wedding seated outdoors in a lavish English garden amongst the roses, wisteria, and foxgloves. I can picture a host of the worlds most elegant women wearing this collection including Emmy Rossum, Ahna O'Reilly, Jayma Mays, Zhang Ziyi, Keirnan Shipka, Anna Kendrick, Lupita Nyong'o, Olga Kurylenko, Emilia Clarke, Lily Collins, and a host of Asian actresses wearing this collection and I really can't wait to see these gowns and cocktail dresses take to major red carpets like the Academy Awards or the Cannes Film Festival this year. Bellow are my four favorite looks and the elegant women I can see wearing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment