Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Runway Report: Alexis Mabille Spring 2014 Couture

Alexis Mabille was one of my absolute favorite collections presented during Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week. The collection was elegant and classic and stripped down, which made it all about the 23 looks. 1 cocktail dress, 1 jumpsuit/coat ensemble, and 21 gowns made up the glamorous collection which saw models slowly walking through two different salons letting editors, stylists, and clients see the stunning details on a more personal level than those of Chanel, Christian Dior, and Versace. Mint, peach, white, cream, beige, gold, grey, robins egg blue, and pastel yellow made up the looks which looked like a nod to an art deco take on the frame of a goddess. I can see the socialite clients of Alexis Mabille swarming to snatch up these looks and I am hoping that we will see a lot of this collection on the red carpet in the coming months. Bellow you see my four favorite yet to be seen on the red carpet looks.


I was most enamored with this white cape gown with a keyhole neckline and a crystal belt. Last Friday night, even though I had mentally reserved this gown for Cate Blanchett, Lady Gaga wore this gown to the Musicares Person of the Year gala honoring Carole King and looked the best that I think I have ever seen her look.

No comments:

Post a Comment