Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Golden Globe Awards: Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama Wish List

Julianna Margulies is nominated yet again for Best Performance by an Actress in A Television Series Drama for her hit show, 'The Good Wife.' Julianna can give me an amazing red carpet look or one that I really just can not like. I can pray that I will love what Julianna brings to the red carpet next Sunday for the 2014 Golden Globe Awards. I think that this black Armani Prive Fall 2013 Couture embellished a-line gown with spaghetti straps would look amazing on Julianna who tends to favor black designs with some sort of visual interest on the red carpet. Complete the look with a black satin clutch, a pair of black satin pumps, and some stunning vintage Fred Leighton diamond earrings to ensure that Julianna Margulies makes it onto my Best Dressed list for this event.
A very much pregnant Kerry Washington will take to the red carpet at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards next Sunday night. The 'Scandal' star has earned a nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series Drama for the series, that I must say I just discovered and am truly addicted to. Kerry had a bit of a style bump as her baby bump started to grow at the red of last year and I am hoping that now that the news is out she will embrace the bump and dress to impress on the red carpet for this event. I think that this red Elie Saab Spring 2014 RTW almost sack dress would be a perfect choice. This is the perfect gown to showcase a baby bump in a subtle way as Kerry can hold her bump in her hands to showcase it or just let the fabric drape ever so elegantly over the bump. Finish the look with a stunning pair of statement earrings and for some reason I can see Kerry wearing a pair of metallic orange pointed toe pumps to give a look that I am sure will be loved within fashion circles and much talked about around the world.
The Netflix original series 'House of Cards' has garnered Robin Wright a Best Actress in a TV Drama nomination at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards. The stunning actress has really lost her red carpet footing since divorcing ex-husband Sean Penn. Robin used to have stunning moments in Chanel and Elie Saab couture and now almost every appearance sees her wearing baggy pant suits or jeans and a blazer, neither of which are appropriate for the Golden Globe Awards. I think that this emerald green Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture gown with no train and three-quarter length sleeves would be the perfect look to help bring Robin back to her top form. I would just pair this with the matching emerald green Elie Saab satin pumps from the same collection and a simple pair of emerald and diamond Chopard earrings to let Robin shine through at the Globes.
Last but not least for today we have a look for first time Golden Globe nominee Taylor Schilling. Taylor has earned her nomination via another Netflix original series 'Orange is the New Black.' When she took took to the red carpet at the 2013 Emmy Awards Taylor looked fantastic in a custom white Thakoon gown and I am hoping to see her love of underrated red carpet designers grow. I think that this white Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2014 gown that comes mixed with bronzey sequined patches all over just screams Taylor to me. I think that she is one of the few women in the world that has the glamour and the edge to pull off this gown and it really does deserve a red carpet moment. I would finish the look with a brown Rauwolf octagon gemstone clutch, a pair of nude Casadei leather cage strappy booties, and some very simple drop earrings will make it another extremely successful look for Taylor as she keeps gaining her red carpet footing.

No comments:

Post a Comment