Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

2014 Berlin International Film Festival: Greta Gerwig Wish List

It seems like every film festival has one lovely lady on its jury that knows how to work a red carpet and look fabulous and this year a the Berlin International Film Festival it is red carpet newcomer Greta Gerwig. We first saw Greta take to the red carpet at the 2012 Met Ball in Prabal Gurung and she has continued to grow. Near the end of last year Giorgio Armani held one of his 'One Night Only' events in New York City and showcased looks from each of his Armani Prive collections. Greta was amongst a host of celebrities that were seated front row at the event. I am hoping that we will see Greta snatch up a look from the recently presented Armani Prive Spring 2014 Couture collection. This has to be one of my absolute favorite Armani collections to date and I am so excited to see it on the red carpet. Greta should add a pair of navy peep toe satin pumps, a navy clutch, some stunning Chopard diamonds, and her hair worn in old Hollywood waves over one shoulder to finish off this look that would be perfect for a big Berlin Film Fest premiere.
Now I do not think that we will go the 10 days of the Berlin International Film Festival without seeing a Christian Dior gown take to the red carpet. Last year Dior gowns were all over EVERY red carpet including every single major film festival. As a jury member I think that will see Greta wear a look from the house that seems to have been whoring itself out. This color blocked gown from the Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture collection is what I can picture Greta wearing as she cantors down the red carpet. This is one of the few gowns that didn't make it to the red carpet from the Spring 2013 Couture collection and I am sure that we will eventually see it take to a red carpet. The gown needs simple styling like a gold Edie Parker clutch, a pair of gold Christian Dior pointed toe pumps, a low up-do, and a neutral makeup palate to finish off this look for the red carpet.
I am praying to see some amazing Elie Saab on the red carpet at the 2014 Berlin International Film Festival and I think that Greta would look fantastic in the designs of the King of the Red Carpet. Even though she has never worn couture before, and I have 3 wishes for her to wear couture gowns, it is a major film festival and I think that Greta will work some couture looks during the course of the festival. I think that she could get her hands on this red embellished Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture gown with 3/4 length sleeves, a v-neck, and a full ball skirt. This gown needs a red carpet moment and I think that the red carpet at the Berlin Film Festival is the perfect location for this gown to have its red carpet moment.
Last but not least I have to pick a look from an American brand. Greta has almost always worn American brands on the red carpet and I am certain that she will rock at least one during the course of the festival. Oscar de la Renta is a brand that I really want to see on Greta during the Berlin Film Fest. This gold bustier Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2014 gown with a sunflower yellow balloon skirt would look so elegant on Greta. The collection inspired by the works of American couturier Charles James and the portraits that photographer Cecil Beaton took of the designers now iconic ensembles. I think that this strapless gown would fit right in at the on the Berlin Film Festival red carpet.

2 comments:

  1. Actually Natalia Vodianova wore that Dior dress http://redcarpetstars.tumblr.com/post/54971176029/natalia-vodianova-in-christian-dior-spring-2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had actually never seen this look before! Thanks for sharing! One of the few I haven't!

      Delete