Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014 Grammy Awards: Nominee Wish List Part 1

Sunday night will bring us another big awards show red carpet, and quite possibly the funnest one of the season, The Grammy's. Alicia Keys has one nomination at this years Grammy Awards for Best R&B Album for 'Girl on Fire.' I will say at the end of 2013 Alicia worked the stage, performing at several different events, in designers like Armani Prive and Manning Cartel and I am hoping that she will keep up the fantastic looks come Sunday. While a new Alexandre Vauthier collection was released today I think that Alicia should wear this edgy Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2013 Couture halter neck mono-chromatic ensemble. I think what makes me love this look for Alicia is the mix of classic and uber sexy, which is exactly what works for her. Finish the look with a pair of gold Christian Louboutin sandals and some simple jewelry and this will make for the perfect Grammy look.
Last year Beyonce might not have taken to the red carpet a lot but showed her amazing sense of style through her performance ensembles while on her Mrs. Carter World Tour and ultimately won my Entertainer of the Year award. Sunday night Beyonce is nominated as the featured artist on her hubby Jay-Z's Best Rap/Sung Collaboration or 'Part II (On the Run)' and I am praying for a stunning red carpet ensemble. I am turning to one of the brands that Bey wore quite a bit while on tour, Emilio Pucci. This body hugging white Emilio Pucci Spring 2014 RTW long sleeved gown features quite a bit of skin for a gown which is so covered up and I think that it would look absolutely fantastic on Beyonce. Add a white and gold Edie Parker clutch and a pair of Christian Louboutin gold sandals to complete this look and give Beyonce a best dressed list worth ensemble.
While Amy Adams gave us our first peak into the Valentino Shanghai Collection 2013 on the red carpet at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards, I am hoping that we will see Grammy nominee Florence Welch also pluck a gown from this collection. Florence Welch is nominated in collaboration with Calvin Harris for a Best Dance Song Grammy for their hit 'Sweet Nothing.' I am hoping to see the indie rock diva wear this red and maroon Valentino Shanghai Collection 2013 long sleeved collard gown. This is something that I can see Flo really going for on a red carpet, it's floaty and very vintage looking. With her red hair pulled up and a pair of red sandals on her feet a red lip will be all that I wish for to complete this ensemble for the Grammy Awards red carpet.
I have not loved a Katy Perry look in a very long time. Last year Katy ditched the quirky persona that made me fall in love with her in favor of much more sophisticated looks. If sophisticated is the route that Katy is going to go then I would like to see the the Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance nominee for 'Roar' wear this white Giambattista Valli Fall 2013 Couture rise and fall strapless gown. The Spring 2014 Collection for Giambattista Valli was presented yesterday in Paris but I am still holding out a little bit of hope that this gown will get a red carpet appearance and I think the new Katy is the girl to do it. Finish the look with a strappy pair of silver sandals and some statement diamond earrings in her ears and Katy will make a big sophisticated statement.
And finally for today we have Best Song Written for Visual Media ('Young & Beautiful' from 'The Great Gatsby') and Best Pop Vocal Album (Paradise) nominee Lana Del Rey. I am usually very indifferent to anything Lana Del Rey does. She usually fails to elicit any excitement from me in either her music or fashion so I really don't follow her work. With that said I do not expect much from her at the Grammy's but in the slight hope that she might surprise me I think that this black, white, and ivory Antonio Berardi Spring 2014 RTW gown would actually look really stunning on Lana. Lana is a British star who tends to rock British brands and one of the ultimate's right now is Antonio Berardi. Finish this look with a black clutch and a pair of black sandals and Lana will shock me with a great look at the 2014 Grammy Awards on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment